Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Amanela Sprite Sheet Finished

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Here is Amanela from Eternal Filena. And her portrait. Any input is welcome.  
[Image: crumpledmedal-filena-amanela.png]
[Image: crumpledmedal-filena-amanela-portrait.png]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Are you using 15 colors for the portrait or is the allowed limit 12? It seems it could use some more work on the hair. Reserving 3 colors for the hair would allow more uniformity and if colors are a bit closer. The face is better IMO. As for the spritesheet, good job I have nothing to say!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
it isn't a bad start, I am still seeing it quite similar to Terra still, even where you edited it, but you're on the right track in terms of getting it to where it would be great, keep at it man

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
(12-15-2017, 08:47 PM)madsiur Wrote: Are you using 15 colors for the portrait or is the allowed limit 12? It seems it could use some more work on the hair. Reserving 3 colors for the hair would allow more uniformity and if colors are a bit closer. The face is better IMO. As for the spritesheet, good job I have nothing to say!

I have actually begun to do just that madsuir, it does need another shade of brown and maybe some more lighter shades, I'll have to experiment with that and maybe put up a 2nd version.

(12-15-2017, 10:04 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: it isn't a bad start, I am still seeing it quite similar to Terra still, even where you edited it, but you're on the right track in terms of getting it to where it would be great, keep at it man

Agreed, there are definitely some things I want to do to it, incorporate some more custom animations and work on the hair for starters. As far as all the sprites have been, this one has given me the most challenge. But since she is a temporary character, you have use your imagination more since Amanela doesn't have a prominent role in the story. I am trying to do sort of a Wonder Woman-ish type thing with this sprite sheet.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
hair is usually the biggest pain in the ass, especially if u want specific looks for the char, if you want my advice, take a look at a bunch of different char's hair, and try to draw some inspiration from that, go with what what looks closest to what you got pictured in your mind, and look at other similarities of other chars if it helps, but the most important thing there is try to make it look different while keeping it's integrity (does that make sense?), but keep at it and good luck

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC