Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Introduction Thread

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Thanks, but FFIV and FFV's hacking tools don't seem to fit with the particular hack I'm working on, because I don't want characters to learn magic or have the ability to switch classes. Final Fantasy 7 and onward is 3D, and that is something I won't bother with. And Earthbound has too many pointers that I don't get, so FFVI seems like the only option. But even though I don't like FFVI, I like the hacking tools, and regardless of what game I am hacking (from Sonic Master System to Superman 64) I always enjoy it, so I'll be fine! Wink

[Image: 44QIhoZ.gif] Punch out in the highest difficulty in a nutshell.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hi Everybody,

I'm Snaid. I'm new to the site and found this thread figuring it would be good to introduce myself. FF6 is my favorite game of all time. My Brother and I played with the editors a few years ago and made some minorly modded versions (mostly gamebreaks for the fun of being way overpowered going through, but we did one where we swapped Kefka and Locke and modified the dialogue to match.) I accidently stumbled onto this site when looking for a gestahl sprite sheet a several days ago. looks great and I'll have to see what I can learn and post my results.
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
Might as well join the crew here...

FF6 has been my favorite video game for quite some time. Played it too many times to count since it was released (20 years ago, wow!), and on the PC for probably the past 10 years. I've done basic hex editing for most of that time, but only discovered the wonderful editing utilities for this game recently. Suffice to say, this has rekindled my interest in FF6 once again.

As my username indicates, I've been a Rage geek from pretty much day one of this game. Once I saw what these two monsters in particular were doing to pretty much everything in the WoB, I wanted to learn pretty much everything about how Gau's rages and the Veldt worked. Right now, I'm trying to work on a base hack for myself that will make Rage gathering much easier, and add some sense to how monsters show up in the Veldt in the first place. I've run into some problems in doing what I want to do, but before I start posting questions I want to make sure that I exhaust the search function, as there's a good chance my problems have already been asked and answered.

Glad to be here, looks like a great community here!
  Find

Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Welcome to the forum, Stray Aspik!

If you wanna know how the Veldt works, take a peek at this document and look for "2.16 Veldt":
http://www.rpglegion.com/ff6/ff6alg.txt

If the direct link doesn't work, check the algorithms faq on the left side http://www.rpglegion.com/ff6/index.htm

[Image: SvEf6Yh.png]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-17-2014, 10:49 PM)Stray Aspik Wrote: I've run into some problems in doing what I want to do, but before I start posting questions I want to make sure that I exhaust the search function, as there's a good chance my problems have already been asked and answered.

Welcome! I once tried to play with veldt formation and packs and it's pretty well documented, thanks to people such as Assassin who commented the C2 disassembly (see this post)
  Find

Status
None
Thanks for the warm welcome and the links!

I do know how the Veldt operates quite well. Before the days of ROMs I remember meticulously going through the FC to make sure Dragon was the only formation in its Veldt pack so I could stock up on Genji Gloves easier. I've already done a lot of work restructuring the formations to the way I'm aiming for.

My problem right now is a graphical one that's coming up when I try to put certain monsters together in one formation. If I don't find answers by searching I'll expound further in a separate thread.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I like this guy already he knows how to go about things haha

but all jokes aside we warmly welcome you here anything and everything here is at your disposal

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 0
Status
None
Salutations, I am known on the Internet as Spike The Dragon, Mr Faustin, and Faustie. I have decided to make an account for this Site because I am currently assisting my Brother, MrMenzies in his hack- Chronic Disaster. I hope to make great acquaintances with you all.

Hello

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-12-2014, 02:24 AM)Spike The Dragon Wrote: Salutations, I am known on the Internet as Spike The Dragon, Mr Faustin, and Faustie. I have decided to make an account for this Site because I am currently assisting my Brother, MrMenzies in his hack- Chronic Disaster. I hope to make great acquaintances with you all.

Welcome! I hope you both get the project done, there's way too many hack that are stopped in development.

As for your signature picture, the maximum allowed size is 200x550 according to forum rules. Please refer to this link for image tag size example: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/misc.p...help&hid=7
  Find

Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Welcome to the forum, Spike The Dragon!

[Image: SvEf6Yh.png]
  Find