Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Restored Ability Names

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(12-08-2011, 01:32 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: Same here. I just cannot re-learn to hex-edit for the life of me. I used to know how to do it as a teenager, but not now. x.x;

I swear it is quite simple to find the data and rename things yourself if you have the correct table file...It is intense if you have never done it, but I promise it's fun Tongue

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
(12-08-2011, 07:09 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: I swear it is quite simple to find the data and rename things yourself if you have the correct table file...It is intense if you have never done it, but I promise it's fun Tongue
Agreed, although I haven't found the correct table file for this game. I swear I downloaded 4 different files, and still can't edit the names with this patch lol. I just mean hex editing in general is fun, my first hacks were done with only a hex editor and I loved it!

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I believe you that it isn't hard, but I don't even know where to begin. Don't know where to get the correct table file or how to generate it. I need a full tutorial, which I've searched for, but they all seem to start from the perspective that you already know where to get things like table files and how to sort through the data.
  Find

Status
None
(12-09-2011, 11:23 AM)silvermaine Wrote: I believe you that it isn't hard, but I don't even know where to begin. Don't know where to get the correct table file or how to generate it. I need a full tutorial, which I've searched for, but they all seem to start from the perspective that you already know where to get things like table files and how to sort through the data.
Zeemis' tutorial is really good, walks you through everything including the table files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQzphx3PYSk

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-09-2011, 11:23 AM)silvermaine Wrote: I believe you that it isn't hard, but I don't even know where to begin. Don't know where to get the correct table file or how to generate it. I need a full tutorial, which I've searched for, but they all seem to start from the perspective that you already know where to get things like table files and how to sort through the data.

The table files can be found on Lord J's website:

Lord J's website

As for a tutorial, I don't know if you've seen this one but Zeemis did one:

watch Zeemis tutorial

As for using the table files, if you have WindHex, you simpli go to File-->open table file and then you can open up to 2 tables.

I hope that helps....

Edit: I guess PJM was quicker than me to write his post..lol!
  Find

Status
None
Here is a list of table files I've collected, including from LordJ's site. Can someone tell me which to use? I'm pretty sure I've tried em all, even the unlikely sounding ones like *_credits.

[Image: ffvi-tables.jpg]

Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
use the ff6_snes_menu_a table, then do a text search for Firaga and you should land on the exact spot.

[Image: imgshk.png]

Status
None
Thanks for the help! I was doing it right all along, apparently searching doesn't work for me, but scrolling to that address worked fine. Thanks again Laugh

Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Where other than Lord J can you download the tbl files? The ones on his website are not complete, only a handful of them.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-10-2011, 01:09 AM)silvermaine Wrote: Where other than Lord J can you download the tbl files? The ones on his website are not complete, only a handful of them.

Novalia Spirit's site has a much more complete set of tables, here.

I should have pointed that before but I rarely use tables so I don't know which one are complete...
  Find