FF6 Hacking

Full Version: FF6LE Rogue CE / Zone Doctor CE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I just tested with a vanilla 1.0 ROM (again, expanded to 32mbit via FF3usME) and the problem is the same. 

I know you think I'm probably doing a mistake but I'll show pictures to show that it's set correctly.

It behave the same as if the Exit that lead to map $10B had SHOWMESSAGE disabled, but it's not!

Feel free to point any mistakes:

http://i64.tinypic.com/jpdmpe.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/evcqcx.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/vqpd9f.jpg

Do not mind the SRAIRWAY (STAIRWAY) typo Smile

Edit: Just tested with Zone Doctor for fun, same problem, it behave like if the Exit had SHOWMESSAGE disabled when it's not.
Mind you it does work fine with other non-dummy maps so something must be wrong somewhere.
I don't know what you are not doing correctly. Settings seems fine. Here is my tests and after I was testing from a savestate at the opening credits (starting a new game will do the same since map $013 is loaded right after that). I tested with the 0.5 debug build and the x64 release build:

http://imgur.com/a/dq79J

On another note, version 0.6 will have treasure expansion. There are actually $827 bytes for chest data in vanilla. If we divide by 5 since each chest is 5 bytes we have 417 chest, the max found in FF6LE. However there is $40 bytes of SRAM for chests ($1E40-$1E7F). This is 512 bits total. So I will expand chest data accordingly in 0.6. Should I expand it beyond 512 * 5 assuming some would like to have two chests on the same bit, like setting dummy chests that could only be opened elsewhere on another map with the same graphics (and a graphic change to access the chest) or upgraded chests like there is in the WOR in original game?

I can set the data to have 800 possible chests, the problem is not space but chest SRAM bits. Where chest data are right now in expansion there is more than $1400 bytes free after the non-expanded data.
Just did the same exact test with the exact same location and it work! However if I set the X/Y to 44 , 53 (so that it teleport you at the entrance of the stairs to the right), it saves as 44, 32 instead (and it work with 44, 32) so I can't even test it with the location I want (44, 53), maybe this is a hint of the problem?

Edit: Nevermind, location 44, 53 saves correctly now for some reasons, need to do more testing.

Awesome news for 0.6!
(09-19-2016, 07:57 PM)Warrax Wrote: [ -> ]However if I set the X/Y to 44 , 53 (so that it teleport you at the entrance of the stairs to the right), it saves as 44, 32 instead (and it work with 44, 32) so I can't even test it with the location I want (44, 53), maybe this is a hint of the problem?

It saves correctly on my end, teleport in-game at 44, 53 and display the location name.
Yeah it's fine, it work. For some reasons, things doesn't seems to always save and sometimes the Y changes automatically to another number, I've had that issue before, seems random. I'm not too surprised tho, FF6LE has always been buggy.

Alright so I guess I must completely get out of Kefka Tower to make it work, or I have to start a new game...which is a first since re-entering the map is usually enough to refresh any changes. Sorry for the troubles.

Edit: Just did a new Kefka Tower run and the issue is still there.

Edit2: I added an Exit on WOR map that lead to map $10B location 44, 53 and the message DOES show but DOESN'T show if I use the Exit located in map $14E (Kefka Tower, Outside, location 30,11) instead. Weird...

However it WILL work if I use the WOR exit that lead to $10B (44, 53) FIRST, then leaving $10B using the exit below (which lead to map $14E (30,13) then re-entering map $10B (I edited the Exit at location 30,11 to make it teleport to $10B, location 44,53 for testing purpose), and the message will display if you do it in that order...*Mind Blown* Man that's so fucked up, I'm so done for the night, lol!
I thought more aboputy chests SRAM. I'm thinking about allowing a max of 768 chest, which would require $60 SRAM bytes if each chest has its own bit. Via the expansion setting window, you could add your own SRAM ranges (maybe allowing a max of 10 ranges or so). Default range would be $1E40-$1E7F ($40 bytes) but it could be changed. The total of SRAM ranges should not be higher than $60 bytes. The chest memory bit selection upDown and textbox would allow any value in those ranges. These settings would be saved in a XML file which location and name could be changed like the location name file.

Is this a good alternative?
(09-19-2016, 09:45 PM)Madsiur Wrote: [ -> ]I thought more aboputy chests SRAM. I'm thinking about allowing a max of 768 chest, which would require $60 SRAM bytes if each chest has its own bit. Via the expansion setting window, you could add your own SRAM ranges (maybe allowing a max of 10 ranges or so). Default range would be $1E40-$1E7F ($40 bytes) but it could be changed. The total of SRAM ranges should not be higher than $60 bytes. The chest memory bit selection upDown and textbox would allow any value in those ranges. These settings would be saved in a XML file which location and name could be changed like the location name file.

Is this a good alternative?

Ooooo... that'd be a nice feature, and would play very nicely with the mmmmmagic update that recently freed up 85 ($55) bytes or SRAM.

P.S. LE has officially become a playground to you, hasn't it, Mad?
(09-19-2016, 10:34 PM)B-Run Wrote: [ -> ]Ooooo... that'd be a nice feature, and would play very nicely with the mmmmmagic update that recently freed up 85 ($55) bytes or SRAM.

I'm also thinking it's a good and flexible solution.

(09-19-2016, 10:34 PM)B-Run Wrote: [ -> ]P.S. LE has officially become a playground to you, hasn't it, Mad?

I think that feature would be the last thing I implement outside correcting new bugs found. Once this is done with FF6LE, I'll just port everything to Zone Doctor then call it a day. I would like to go back on FF6AE and the Expanded Monster Editor the soonest possible.
All this stuff is making me super excited for future hacking! Thanks for your hard work everyone!!
Version 0.6 is up! (see original post)

This version has one major bug fix and one major upgrade:

Upgrade: You can now expand chest memory. When doing map expansion, you have the space for 824 chests but only 512 memory bits available. If you expand chest memory, unused SRAM $1E20-$1E3F will be used. The existing SRAM $1E40-$1E7F for chests is "shifted" to $1E20-$1E5F leaving $1E60-$1E7F usable for extra chests. I've done tests with memory bits in the $1E2X and $1E7X range and so far so good. The maximum available chests bits with this second expansion is 768.

Bug: The chest expansion led me to an obvious bug with chest ASM in original expansion that made chests unobtainable. This has been fixed and re-tested yesterday and now everything seems to work correctly. However those who have a current project with version 0.5 must apply manually those changes. I'm sorry for this and I believe this is the only ASM bug.

Edit: You can also apply the ASM file asm-fix-0.6.asm available with the downloadable archive to fix the ASM bug. Just replace instances of XX with your actual data expansion bank.

Code:
; XX remain unchanged (it's your expansion bank)
; basically you need to add 0xC0 to all chests related LDAs (but not chest pointers LDAs)
; As an example, LDA $F2E340,X is becoming LDA $F2E400,X
; The org value is where the LDA (BF) start
; Following code contain the good values to put

org $C04C08    
LDA $XXE404,X (BF04E4XX)

org $C04C0E    
LDA $XXE402,X (BF02E4XX)

org $C04BEC    
LDA $XXE400,X (BF00E4XX)

org $C04BF4    
LDA $XXE401,X (BF01E4XX)

org $C015F1