FF6 Hacking

Full Version: New FFXV Details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: ffxv.jpg]

Today, details on the long-in-development Final Fantasy XV appeared under listings on the Sony and Microsoft’s Japanese webpages. The listings are not entirely new as Sony has had the game listed on the Japanese PSN since the PlayStation 4 launched in Japan in February. In fact, many of the details appear to be old, including an interview with Final Fantasy XV creator and long-standing Final Fantasy character designer Tetsuya Nomura. Still, there is plenty of new information to be had.

Read more
The character in the picture looks like Cloud and Zack had a love child lol. Seems like Tetsuya Nomura is running out of ideas in terms of fresh original characters.
Gi Nattak Wrote:The character in the picture looks like Cloud and Zack had a love child
lol. Seems like Tetsuya Nomura is running out of ideas in terms of fresh
original characters.

That's exactly what I was thinking! SurprisedLaugh
Ditto for me Mike. I think the Final Fantasy series should rest in peace. Time for a new series or continuation of another forgotten series in Squeenix's past. Laugh
(04-29-2014, 11:50 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: [ -> ]Ditto for me Mike. I think the Final Fantasy series should rest in peace. Time for a new series or continuation of another forgotten series in Squeenix's past. Laugh

I personally like the appearance of the new character though I agree it doesn't look fresh. That being said I think there is still a lot of life left for Final Fantasy. They just need to get out of the rut they seem to be in xD.

Or remake FF7 >.> -cough-
Please no. Final Fantasy 7 is overrated...

Hot send too soon. How about an Final Fantasy 4, 5, or 6 HD remake instead?
(05-07-2014, 10:16 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: [ -> ]Please no. Final Fantasy 7 is overrated...

Hot send too soon. How about an Final Fantasy 4, 5, or 6 HD remake instead?

That is an opinion xD. Also, I did not say it was my favorite nor the best game ever (not that you implied that's what I meant). But it's not called the best for no reason. You can't deny that Hold on.

I'm ok with the DS version of 4, though a complete overall is always amazing. I was never into 5 enough for me to give an opinion, but yes 6 needs one. I don't like the IOS version they did...
I don't think considering FF7 as the undisputed "best FF" has much weight to it. Those who are in the FF-fandom will never agree on the "best" FF. Many who like FF6 typically don't like FF7, and for some good reasons. Mainly 7 takes a lot from 6, they are almost practically the same story with a few key differences. Plus the final Sephiroth fight is almost an exact replica of the Kefka fight.

FF7 surely has a significant amount of sales, but it was also the first well advertised game in the US, it was 3D, and on an extremely popularizing system. Not to mention it also featured a death of a main character.

Granted this is coming from someone who thinks that FF9 is the best in the series, so take what I say with a grain of salt, if you will.
All very good points sir. I was however unaware that many who like ff6 dislike ff7. The only people I've ever spoken with until now have loved both xD. I also did not give much thought to what FF7 took from FF6 but I wouldn't (personally) go so far as to say the story. Though, the main link you could make I guess is the shinra co. vs the gestahl empire. At any rate, it is your thoughts (and obviously others as well) and I respect it Smile.

Also, I do love me some FF9 xD
People who like FF6 and dislike FF7 tend to dislike it mainly for the hype, not because it was a bad game. The people who like FF7 better tend to be a bit younger and thus were really coming into video games around FF7's release and are either uninterested in the SNES era titles or were introduced to them later. Its a pretty hard line, I've never heard of anyone from one category crossing over to liking the other the best.

I happen to like both games and can appreciate the merits of both, both hold a special place in my heart, but 6 still shines brightest, being on the SNES-RPG-era gamer side of the line. Of course, despite everything above, I'm convinced I am objectively correct in FF6>FF7... not just in my own head... which really only proves my above point about how hard that line is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4