Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mystic Quest Reborn / Mystic Quest HardType

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
Any beta tester updates? I'm working towards an early summer release.

I also desperately need someone who can tweak the script to sound more adult and fix any grammar and spelling errors. At the very least edit the ending credits.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I started to play it this weekend, but then the power randomly went out and so I'm going to have to start over.
  Find

Status
Regen
(05-09-2012, 12:19 AM)DarkPhoenix Wrote: I started to play it this weekend, but then the power randomly went out and so I'm going to have to start over.

Damn that sucks..! That's happened to me recently too as a matter of fact.

Status
Regen
Want to fight the Dark King you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D_9GIUaQnY

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
Very nice man!
  Find

Status
Regen
Thanks. I worked long and hard on the Dark King to make it a legitimate challenge. Laugh

Status
Regen
(05-09-2012, 12:19 AM)DarkPhoenix Wrote: I started to play it this weekend, but then the power randomly went out and so I'm going to have to start over.

Any updates?
Also, credits are finished. I've got only a little bit left from my existing beta testers before I release it.

Ignore the HP...
[Image: Credits_1.png]
[Image: Credits_2.png]

P.S. I'm also working with TimeWalk Games to release a CIB (complete-in-box) cartridge version on their website complete with box, map, manual, and soundtrack CD!

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
That is a very nice website!

How would they produce your cart? Do you need to pay them? Will you receive some form of monetary compensation? How does it work?

Status
Regen
(05-24-2012, 09:14 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: That is a very nice website!

How would they produce your cart? Do you need to pay them? Will you receive some form of monetary compensation? How does it work?

They have the hardware capable of putting ROMs on flashchips/EEPROMS. They also have a large and quite a good professional graphic artists team. Obviously they're good if you've seen the work so far.

I'm not paying them anything for them to make my hack CIB. In fact they got excited about my hack and suggested it would work great on their site. The only compensation I'll probably get is a free CIB copy of it. Which is all I really care for. It costs a ton of money to do this in both labor and parts so I don't imagine they make much money of off each sale.

I'm a member of their group now actually so I'm not sure how all that works just yet. I know I've created an NES label for them already that's been approved and I've created a splash screen for Star Fox Super Weekend that they are going to release. :D

--------------------------

Here's a low res watermark'd preview of a quick mock-up of what they're designing for the Mystic Quest Reborn box art:

[Image: mqrbox_1c.jpg]

This is likely to change or be tweaked but as you can see they are quite good at making box art.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Your custom art work is great, I wonder if Mike can submit his ROTDS hack to be released in hard copy as well?

That will probably motivate him to release a perfect hack, lol