Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mystic Quest Reborn / Mystic Quest HardType

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
(12-01-2011, 10:37 AM)Zeemis Wrote: Did you ever compile a patch based on the stuff I modified and apply it to your main rom?

Yes I did! Confused

I'm working on treasure chests right now. So I don't have a new rom to give you yet...
I like treasure.

[Image: Mystic%20Quest%20Reborn%20V2.1023.png]

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
This patch won't have issues running on Snes9x, will it?

Is it just me, or does this game use a similar sound engine as FF5?
  Find

Status
Regen
(12-08-2011, 12:59 AM)the_randomizer Wrote: This patch won't have issues running on Snes9x, will it?

Is it just me, or does this game use a similar sound engine as FF5?

I actually use SNES9x to test my mods--and well everything else too. :D

And the sound core is almost identical between MQ, FF5, SOM and another Square game. :)
Got some new screens to show you.

[Image: Mystic%20Quest%20Reborn%20V2.1053.png] [Image: Mystic%20Quest%20Reborn%20V2.1056.png]

[Image: Mystic%20Quest%20Reborn%20V2.1057.png] [Image: Mystic%20Quest%20Reborn%20V2.1058.png]

No more easy stuff. Just wait until you get to the Bone Dungeon... That's the start of the difficulty. The Battlefields are done too as well.

Status
Regen
How about a little Dark King action?

[Image: mqht_dk_dc1.png] [Image: mqht_dk_dc2.png]

[Image: mqht_dk_bb1.png] [Image: mqht_dk_bb2.png]

[Image: mqht_dk_qa1.png] [Image: mqht_dk_qa2.png]

[Image: mqht_dk_r1.png] [Image: mqht_dk_r2.png]

[Image: mqht_dk_u1.png] [Image: mqht_dk_u2.png]

He isn't a push over any longer... These damage figures (especially Cure Arrow lol) are still being tweaked but don't worry, he will be quite difficult.

Status
Regen
Ok beta testers. I've got what I hope to be a 98% complete "final" beta test. The only things I need at this point gameplay wise are how the new monster attack stats work, if the flow of GP is enough for the average player (not taking into account the lady selling Ethers [Seeds]), if the entire reworked treasure chests contain something worth it for the player (except for the ones with Explosives, did that on purpose) and if the weapons/armor/spell locations are well placed.

Those of you who are beta testing send me an email and I'll send along the final beta test.

Should be fun!

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Alright I have a few things to say:

1.) This is not the Mystic Quest you have grown to know and (in rare cases) love. It is so much more difficult.

2.) Don't you ever spend your GP on frivolous things like Ethers and Inns, eff that, you need all the GP you get just so you can have better armor and weapons in the game.

3.) F.A.R.M. EVERYTHING! Seriously this game kicks you in the ass so much that you will have little option but to farm potions from Foresta, Remedies from Level Forest, (refreshers are pretty much useless so don't bother with those) and Ethers from Wintry Cave. NEVER have below 70 Potions or 20 Remedies, a good amount of Ethers to have would be between 15-45, just to be secure since you will be casting a lot of magic so that you are not using up all of your items.

4.) Always clear every battlefield you go to, most of the time your reward is as negligible as the dust in sunlight but it is better to clear it regardless.

5.) If it is a choice between your hero dying and your ally, let your hero suffer the blow because your ally has Raise which will resurrect your sacrificial hero with all of his health.

Now the above is pretty much what I do, and trust me I still find the fact that the Monsters are freaking demi-gods. I particularly loathe the Lamias and the Sphinxes mostly because of their oh too accurate status affect spells and very powerful attacks. You pretty much have to be careful in nearly every fight or you will die with ease. When it comes to a mini-boss or a boss, it is a good habit to have if you never let your health fall 1-200 below your max.

Just to let you know I am on on level 22 (I think) and am just about to enter the mine in the Fire Crystal section. So already I have completed almost half of that section and all of Earth and Water.

On a side note; I am not what you would call a very timely beta tester, since most of the time I have no time to play games until the weekend due to college; so it may still be awhile before I complete this beta; if at any time JCE you just want what I do have for your records when you deem beta testing to be over then just say so and I will gladly hand it over!
  Find

Status
Regen
Great write up so far. How are things like Equipment and Magic placement so far? Treasure?

I need at least 1 more beta tester before release.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Um, Equipment is fine (though I really want that effin axe) and magic seems well, though I would have preferred more GP rewards, as you have next to none, and to replace (if you can) a number of Explosive chests with a small amount of GP (like 5 or 3 GP since chests are respawn) plus it would have been great to have your main character learn Esuna by now but like I said, its fine without it.
  Find

Status
Regen
I'm ready to ditch this damn hack and delete it forever. I'm tired of getting bugs that I cannot fix. I'm having a REALLY BAD DAY so someone stop me before I hold shift and delete the damn folder its in.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Send me a copy before you have a regret for all eternity of what you're about to do.