Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mystic Quest Reborn / Mystic Quest HardType

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
Added some new videos and stuff to the first post.

I'm finalizing the Air Coin area. Then it is on to the Doom Castle...and then I'll be done! WOOT

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
Very nice, do you plan to use those character graphics I made awhile back that replaced Benjamin?
  Find

Status
Regen
(11-03-2011, 12:44 AM)Zeemis Wrote: Very nice, do you plan to use those character graphics I made awhile back that replaced Benjamin?

I would like to replace an NPC with that sprite definitely. I like the current Hero's sprite. To me it wouldn't be MQ without Benjamin. Smile

Now, I'd need a bit of help to know which NPC to replace with the sprite you created.

Status
Traitor
As mentioned via private message, I'm gonna do quite a few NPC and weapon sprites. I might be able to also work with the overworld and town/dungeon tiles if you would like. If you can give me a list of NPC's with a visual added, I can try and find some sprites to replace over them. If you can somehow find more space on the rom and want to get really technical with assembly, I could "add" some more stuff instead of replace, but that may be to much to ask.

For gameplay and most likely; difficulty purposes (lol), I'd really like to beta test this hack when it's completed. If I have a lot of trouble with personal enemies or bosses, I'll document it.
Is this okay?
  Find

Status
Regen
(11-03-2011, 08:47 AM)Zeemis Wrote: As mentioned via private message, I'm gonna do quite a few NPC and weapon sprites. I might be able to also work with the overworld and town/dungeon tiles if you would like. If you can give me a list of NPC's with a visual added, I can try and find some sprites to replace over them. If you can somehow find more space on the rom and want to get really technical with assembly, I could "add" some more stuff instead of replace, but that may be to much to ask.

For gameplay and most likely; difficulty purposes (lol), I'd really like to beta test this hack when it's completed. If I have a lot of trouble with personal enemies or bosses, I'll document it.
Is this okay?

Sounds good.

Here's some NPCs that I was thinking of replacing. Oddly enough the game only has a handful of different NPCs and a lot of then use the same palette. But, I don't want to "add" anything on top of what's there. Just replace the graphics. I'm not an expert at ASM and don't want to hold up the mod any more. The project is already over 2 years old! :)

[Image: Mystic%20Quest%20HardType%20V1.8b007.png]
[Image: Mystic%20Quest%20HardType%20V1.8b011.png]
[Image: Mystic%20Quest%20HardType%20V1.8b014.png]
[Image: Mystic%20Quest%20HardType%20V1.8b015.png]

Status
None
That's fantastic!

As soon as you have a file that you feel is ready for storyline/text updating, let me know and I'll get to work on it Smile

I've got the hexadecimals -> text ready to go (not like that was difficult), but the text will be another story. I'm
running into a lot of points where I run out of bytes. Sad

Status
Traitor
I've been very busy lately because of two projects due Tuesday and one other due on Wednesday.
I'll try to help you with graphics but homework is rather tough towards the middle and end of the semester.
  Find

Status
Regen
(11-07-2011, 11:01 PM)Zeemis Wrote: I've been very busy lately because of two projects due Tuesday and one other due on Wednesday.
I'll try to help you with graphics but homework is rather tough towards the middle and end of the semester.

Take your time. No rush.

I'm uploading a new gameplay video right now of another random battle. I almost won this one...
Laugh

Status
Regen
I've encountered a nasty music bug in both SNES9x and ZSNES. Apparently my Walking in the Snowy Mountains is wonky. My song gets all jacked up, and what's more annoying is it also messed up the battle music and any other music after that. You have to leave Rope Bridge/Mount Gale/Pazuzu's Tower, save and reload to fix it. I tried the default music too and it also had issues--so either I am over powering the SPC core or I'm pushing the limits of the ROM? So, I'm just going to let that bug stay in since I have no idea how to fix it and note in on the readme.

Status
Regen
(11-07-2011, 10:44 PM)egotisticalError Wrote: That's fantastic!

As soon as you have a file that you feel is ready for storyline/text updating, let me know and I'll get to work on it :)

I've got the hexadecimals -> text ready to go (not like that was difficult), but the text will be another story. I'm
running into a lot of points where I run out of bytes. :(

No rush, I'm debating to just release the mod without the new script so the rushing around is off my back.

There'll be plenty of time to update the mod with a new script and so forth. :D