Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Assembly (ASM) Hacking Book

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(01-12-2012, 07:08 AM)Madsiur Wrote: Here's another programming book specific to the 65816:

[Image: 65816.png]

Download

If the download link ever expire, it can be found on Romhacking.net as well in the Document section.

When I start to read this, what area(s) should I primarily focus on, so my brain doesn't explode?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-14-2012, 07:28 PM)the_randomizer Wrote: When I start to read this, what area(s) should I primarily focus on, so my brain doesn't explode?

Well first you must know what is a stack, an accumulator or a register so I would start by chapter 2. Then you can jump on the commands (opcode) in chapter 4 or before you can check how the arithmetic opration are done in assembly (chapter 3).Then would come the adressing technique in chapter 5.

You don't have to read everything, in fact I haven't read much of this book, I prefer working with subroutines in the game dissasemblies and trying to understand what they do with a list of opcodes (commands). But I guess it takes longer that way than if I would have read the book.

Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Hey I was just given a hard copy of "Assembler inside and out by harley hahn" and I was wondering if it's any good Huh

I can't find a link to it anywhere, but I am at work and most of the webpages are restricted Sad

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(04-08-2014, 11:20 AM)Royaken Wrote: Hey I was just given a hard copy of "Assembler inside and out by harley hahn" and I was wondering if it's any good

This book doesn't seems to cover the 85816 language. You can find good SNES assembly resources in this thread or at websites like SNES Development
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (05-06-2015)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(01-12-2012, 07:08 AM)Madsiur Wrote: Here's another programming book specific to the 65816:

[Image: 65816.png]

Download

If the download link ever expire, it can be found on Romhacking.net as well in the Document section.

edit: download link updated

Reading through the First Section of this book, and learning the Basic Lingo and Mnemonic Structure took my Hacking to a whole new Level of Understanding.

(12-20-2011, 07:04 AM)Madsiur Wrote: Here's a good reference (Hosted by Assasin) for 65816 Opcode. I find it very useful since it is easy to browse and there are many examples.

http://www14.brinkster.com/assassin17/thegun.htm

And once I knocked out the Preliminaries in THAT Book, this site was a Godsend! It -IS- well designed and Easy to Navigate. Anytime I have Trouble remembering a Mnemonic, or Understanding the Usage, this site Saves me.

When I wrote my First Program that Added the Value from one Address to Another... Wow. I was like, LOL WTF CLC STA, all at once.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(04-08-2014, 07:08 PM)Nyquill MacQuaid Wrote: And once I knocked out the Preliminaries in THAT Book, this site was a Godsend! It -IS- well designed and Easy to Navigate. Anytime I have Trouble remembering a Mnemonic, or Understanding the Usage, this site Saves me.

This is also my bible... Quite useful site.
  Find