Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Beginner's Event Editing Written Tutorial (cutscenes, action queues, etc)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Is there any way someone could send me that document? I want to learn to Event Edit (and moreso Hex Edit) in the attempts at giving this game new life. I'm not quite sure where to start but I'm more then willing to learn! My occupation gives me ample time, and if anyone could give me a hand getting started or teach me then I can promise my own personal project will not end up an interesting unfinished dream!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-17-2013, 05:29 PM)Zeroark Wrote: Is there any way someone could send me that document?

I had a copy. It's now uploaded on the server for anyone to download.

Link: Event editing tutorial

Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(05-18-2013, 12:19 AM)Madsiur Wrote:
(05-17-2013, 05:29 PM)Zeroark Wrote: Is there any way someone could send me that document?

I had a copy. It's now uploaded on the server for anyone to download.

Link: Event editing tutorial
Thanks a lot! Objection! Would you mind terribly if a started PMing you to pick your brains a little on how to gt started with this stuff? Your youtube vid on the event switch was relatively easy to understand, but when I try to use WinHex to take a peak inside I can't even get past the instructions about going to Options->Display Offset as->SNES Hi-ROM! (I swear I DL'd the one in the boards around here but I don't see that in options) I have tons of free time on my hands due to the nature of my work and would love to learn enough to get started on working on my own additions.

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-18-2013, 12:14 PM)Zeroark Wrote: Thanks a lot! Would you mind terribly if a started PMing you to pick your brains a little on how to gt started with this stuff?

I think the best thing for you is to make a thread dedicated to your question(s). If I can't answer or I'm not there, someone else will probably know the answer and be able to help you.

Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(05-18-2013, 03:14 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(05-18-2013, 12:14 PM)Zeroark Wrote: Thanks a lot! Would you mind terribly if a started PMing you to pick your brains a little on how to gt started with this stuff?

I think the best thing for you is to make a thread dedicated to your question(s). If I can't answer or I'm not there, someone else will probably know the answer and be able to help you.
I agree too. It also helps to have a sketch of what would you like to do; then we can help you create the event.