Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A Guide to Ability Learning

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
As you can see, the data start at C0/0200 or 00000200 after the bunch of 00. you must subtract 200 from the actual offset to have the good address because those 200 bytes are the header (C0/0200 is actually C0/0000 for the game).

After the offset you have 16 bytes (two digits numbers) on the same row. Add 0 to F to the offset to get to the right place (the last number on the C0/0200 row is actually at C0/000F). The value of the numbers goes from 00 to FF.

If you don't know what are these letters in numbers you should watch a hexadecimal tutorial like this one, or read how to count in hex.
  Find

Status
None
(02-06-2012, 08:04 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: No using huge pictures, it blows the forum XD

From the picture, you can see a clear division between a column on the left and a column on the right, What is in the left columns are ROM addresses, what is at the right is the game's code.

ok thank you for explaining
and i promise i wont do anymore big pictures XD well now i can make Cloud in my hack

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Make cloud in your hack?? What do you mean? You want to import the sprite, or change his attacks?

Status
None
(02-07-2012, 08:31 AM)Angelo26 Wrote: Make cloud in your hack?? What do you mean? You want to import the sprite, or change his attacks?

change his attacks since i already got the sprite sheet in...

also wouldnt it be better if i made my own thread to talk about cloud in my hack

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
so make the new thread lolz

its really implement him in your hack since I made him LOL

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
Cloud is so over rated...
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
he is lolz

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
(02-07-2012, 02:10 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: he is lolz

Question, why is Cloud overrated?

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-03-2012, 04:10 PM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: Question, why is Cloud overrated?

Because he is the protagonist of an overrated game. While FFVII is a really good game, it's far from perfect and I prefer other FF such as FFVI or FFIV or other RPGs such as Secret of Evermore. As for Cloud, I think its his fan base that made him look a lot more amazing than what he really is. I prefer other protagonist such as Cecil, Terra, Celes or even characters like Aerith ore Red XIII from FFVII.

The fact that Cloud is overrated is tied to the fact that FFVII is an overrated game in general. People could argue forever about which protagonist or FF game is the best, it's all a matter of opinion, but I think that it's a fact that Cloud and FFVII are overrated due to the huge popularity of a good but not perfect game.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Not that I am totally opposed to a good ol' fashioned chat out about FFVII in comparison to other games of its franchise...but I have to ask you all to stop talking about it here; if you feel the need to continue make a thread in the general discussion as this is not the place to have it.

I hate to be "that guy" but this thread is open for people who would like to comment/add/question about the tutorial.
  Find