Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Keeping the Dark World Song after getting the Falcon

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(05-12-2011, 03:41 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote:
(05-12-2011, 04:51 AM)kefkaroth Wrote: can anyone make a patch to using the blackjack theme for the falcon's deck and flying it? and keeping the falcon theme for the world map. i also wanted to add terra's(w.o.b. map) theme to mobliz in w.o.r. and locke's theme in kohlingen in the w.o.r. i can keep it when entering but then it goes back to the defaults when entering other areas in the place. or if i add the same theme it starts over. i would love to get help on this.

ULTROS: "D'haaaaa! Why not take a shot at it yourself first, this would be a GREAT way for ya to learn how to go about changing things like this, AND get ya more comfortable with editing in hex. I'll be here to answer any questions, but this is pretty simple stuff, g'fa, ha, ha!" Tongue

CELES: "That's mighty generous of you, squidball. But you forgot to say that he'll need to get a hold of the all-mighty event dump, and then open it up and search for what he wants to change." Wink

SABIN: "Locating the correct address you need to go to is NOTHING to be afraid of, bro!" 8]

EDWARD: "OUCH! You see... the reason the music changes back, even though you have changed it in the level editor, is because there is a piece of code somewhere, or rather an "event" that tells it to do otherwise." CoverHit TELLAH: "YOU SPOONY EVENT!"

RELM: "For instance, Gi Nattak recently changed the Jidoor WoB music to the WoR one instead, but upon going into a shop it would switch back! Surprised So after he said some VERY bad words Grandpa would NEVER let me say, he went into the event dump and located the exact code:

CB/441D: C0 If ($1E80($0A4) [$1E94, bit 4] is set), branch to $CB4426
CB/4423: F0 Play song 42 (Kids Run Through the City Corner), (high bit clear), full volume
CB/4425: FE Return

CB/4426: F0 Play song 55 (The Magic House), (high bit clear), full volume
CB/4428: FE Return

Then, all he had to do was change play song 42 to play song 55, and PRESTO! "

NATTAK: "Haha, thanks, you guys. OK, let ME elaborate a bit more on this.

EXAMPLE:

CC/3D38: D2 Load map $00BD (Kohlingen, outdoors (WoR / ending)), position (16, 25), mode $C0
CC/3D3E: F0 Play song 52 (The Day After), (high bit clear), full volume

Song 52 = 32 in hex, use this chart to help you out with hex if need be:
http://www.ascii.cl/conversion.htm

This is a piece of code that is telling the game to play "The Day After" in WoR Kohlingen. There MIGHT be another instance, but this is the only one I could find at the moment. So what you would want to do is change the play song byte to Play song 13 (Locke) or 0D in hex. So open up your hex editor and get ready to go to the address: CC/3D38.

First, make sure you are in hi-rom, (options>display offset as> SNES Hi-ROM) so you can locate it easier by searching offset. Don't use the first C in your search, as that is the current bank you should be in. Instead search for "C3D38" and if you don't have a header, that will send you to the exact byte you need to change. If you DO have a header, you must add on 200 to C3D38. So C3F38 would be it in that case. You can also remove the header if you need to with winhex, or snestool. Umm...that's all I got, would anybody else care to add anything?"

SETZER: "OH! ME, ME! OK, as for using my totally awesome Blackjack theme for the Falcon's deck and flying it, you would need to locate the music pointer for that, and I'm afraid music pointers are not well documented. It's just like the keeping the Dark World song in after getting the Falcon, but the only difference is that THAT music pointer is documented in Cless's romhacking guide, so it was very easy to change it." Objection!

GAU: "Gau have NO idea where the Blackjack music pointer is." Hmm

TERRA: "Changing WoR Mobliz (outside) to Terra's (WoB) theme should be able to be done with just the level editor. Or is the problem that there's not an option for the WoB music in the level editor?? *sniff* I forget." Sad

EDGAR: "Don't be sad, my dear! If that IS the case, then the above method would also be applicable here as well." Smile

I don't normally do or ask this but can someone send me a license code to winhex to activate the full version. I would do it myself if my job wasn't screwing me around so my money situation is very dim at the moment. good thing i live with my folks for now. any help is greatly appreciated.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Last time I checked, winhex is free. You don't need the full version to hex edit anything. Also, I don't think anyone could provide a license code, as that might bring up some site legality issues. I would try searching Google for it instead. Yes, we support romhacking, but not pirated or illegal software =)

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
it is free but it also states that i cannot save files more than 200kb's.

(05-20-2011, 05:18 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Last time I checked, winhex is free. You don't need the full version to hex edit anything. Also, I don't think anyone could provide a license code, as that might bring up some site legality issues. I would try searching Google for it instead. Yes, we support romhacking, but not pirated or illegal software =)
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I'm sorry, I don't know what is going on, if you're using Windhex32 from Romhacking.net, there shouldn't be any issues like that. It has never giving me an error like that, as of course it can save files over 200 kb. Can you post a pic of the error here, so I could take a look at it? Hopefully someone here can tell you what's going on if it's a computer issue.

Status
None
no im using winhex not windhex
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
>_<
Then use Windhex32 and you will no longer have any problems Wink
However, if you are absolutely unwilling to use anything besides Winhex, I would suggest looking into the full version, be it searching Google for a license code, or buying it.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • RPGX_Omega (04-20-2016)

Status
None
forget it. its obvious i don't have a clue as to what i'm doing so i give up. i hope someone makes a program someday so it can be tons easier to understand
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(05-22-2011, 05:58 AM)kefkaroth Wrote: forget it. its obvious i don't have a clue as to what i'm doing so i give up. i hope someone makes a program someday so it can be tons easier to understand

Sometimes hex editing can be frustrating, and while yes, sometimes you feel you're clueless about it, you shouldn't just give up that easily without trying.

For starters, the program recommended by zeemis (that is user-friendly) is windhex.

Status
None
what's confusing is that first they say i have to check this number address. then they say i have to use an event dump and check this cb or cc/number here. i mean i don't get which one i'm suppose to check and then i hear about these c banks and stuff. all too mind boggling to me.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
For the Falcon music thing, 2E8594 is indeed what you would search for WITHOUT being in
hi-ROM. This address is NOT listed in the event dump at all, as it's not an event. So don't even bother looking for the address to change the Falcon music! It was documented elsewhere, is how we can change it.

You see, Hi-ROM should only be used with the event dump, when you are trying to locate an address. Like the "cc/number" as you put it. Take a moment to open up the hex editor and put it in Hi-ROM. ("option" > "display offset as" > "SNES Hi-ROM")

Now do you see how changing it to Hi-ROM makes the hex addresses start with a C? THAT way you can match up the address with the event dump so you can search for the offset.

So let's say you wanted to find an address in the event dump, (or other documents) like CB/441D. In the hex editor you would set it to Hi-ROM and search for the offset B441D, WITHOUT the first "C" because we are already IN the C bank, right? You will see the byte(s) you want to edit there. If you do NOT, you have a Headered ROM. So If your ROM IS headered, then just go down +200 from the original address, and BAM, you'll see the byte there! it's damn easy my friend, please don't just give up after all this help I'm trying to give you. If anyone should be giving up, it's me XD