Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Keeping the Dark World Song after getting the Falcon

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
(10-21-2010, 04:40 PM)Satoascorpion Wrote: I haven't applied the patch yet (Too busy till the weekend.), but I'm going to laugh if it plays during the meeting before the Lete River.

"Meeting at the Big Table."

BANON: It's time we plan like men. And ladies. And men who hit on ladies. For Returners...IT IS MEETING TIME!

Oh dear, kill me before I make another pun.

"Meeting at the Big Table." Haha... Nice one. Yeah, it will play there, what you will have to do is use the level editor to change what music plays at the returner hideout, and possibly other places, I'm having trouble remembering. And you might have/want to hex edit some instances where that music plays, if there are any. I'm pretty sure after the Tentacle battle that song comes in.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(10-21-2010, 04:40 PM)Satoascorpion Wrote: I haven't applied the patch yet (Too busy till the weekend.), but I'm going to laugh if it plays during the meeting before the Lete River.

"Meeting at the Big Table."

BANON: It's time we plan like men. And ladies. And men who hit on ladies. For Returners...IT IS MEETING TIME!

Oh dear, kill me before I make another pun.

LOL!
You can try it using FF6usME and changing the battle music of random monsters to the returner's theme, just for testing it.

Then I guess it is ok to release a patch since metroidquest gave his ok?

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
(10-21-2010, 05:06 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Yeah, it will play there, what you will have to do is use the level editor to change what music plays at the returner hideout, and possibly other places, I'm having trouble remembering. And you might have/want to hex edit some instances where that music plays, if there are any. I'm pretty sure after the Tentacle battle that song comes in.

Actually, that song is only used in... like... three instances, I believe. At the meeting, if you fight the Emperor's Special Forces while taking a break at the dinner meeting, and in the Figaro Castle basement BEFORE the tentacle battle (After the battle, it becomes the Figaro Castle theme).

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
can you give any more info to changing themes when you get to the world of ruin loco? i would like to change various stuff like when i fly falcon i want the blackjack to play and keep the falcon for the world map. i have blackjack on deck of falcon but when i fly it changes to the falcon theme. also i want to change some town themes and keep them playing without it changing to the original default when i go to an inn or something in the town.
and sato it stays as the returner theme after the fight with the tentacles.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
hmmm that I'm not too sure of, I can look into it and if I find anything out I will let u know

but my best advice is 2 look @ the offset n the byte that is the black jack n replace it with the falcon 1 n that should work fine

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
thanks poco but i have no knowledge on hexs i only know how to work around the programs to edit the game that you all make.
  Find

Status
None
(10-22-2010, 01:43 AM)Satoascorpion Wrote:
(10-21-2010, 05:06 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Yeah, it will play there, what you will have to do is use the level editor to change what music plays at the returner hideout, and possibly other places, I'm having trouble remembering. And you might have/want to hex edit some instances where that music plays, if there are any. I'm pretty sure after the Tentacle battle that song comes in.

Actually, that song is only used in... like... three instances, I believe. At the meeting, if you fight the Emperor's Special Forces while taking a break at the dinner meeting, and in the Figaro Castle basement BEFORE the tentacle battle (After the battle, it becomes the Figaro Castle theme).

you forgot entering the returners hideout as well.
  Find

Status
None
can anyone make a patch to using the blackjack theme for the falcon's deck and flying it? and keeping the falcon theme for the world map. i also wanted to add terra's(w.o.b. map) theme to mobliz in w.o.r. and locke's theme in kohlingen in the w.o.r. i can keep it when entering but then it goes back to the defaults when entering other areas in the place. or if i add the same theme it starts over. i would love to get help on this.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
(05-12-2011, 04:51 AM)kefkaroth Wrote: can anyone make a patch to using the blackjack theme for the falcon's deck and flying it? and keeping the falcon theme for the world map. i also wanted to add terra's(w.o.b. map) theme to mobliz in w.o.r. and locke's theme in kohlingen in the w.o.r. i can keep it when entering but then it goes back to the defaults when entering other areas in the place. or if i add the same theme it starts over. i would love to get help on this.

ULTROS: "D'haaaaa! Why not take a shot at it yourself first, this would be a GREAT way for ya to learn how to go about changing things like this, AND get ya more comfortable with editing in hex. I'll be here to answer any questions, but this is pretty simple stuff, g'fa, ha, ha!" Tongue

CELES: "That's mighty generous of you, squidball. But you forgot to say that he'll need to get a hold of the all-mighty event dump, and then open it up and search for what he wants to change." Wink

SABIN: "Locating the correct address you need to go to is NOTHING to be afraid of, bro!" 8]

EDWARD: "OUCH! You see... the reason the music changes back, even though you have changed it in the level editor, is because there is a piece of code somewhere, or rather an "event" that tells it to do otherwise." CoverHit TELLAH: "YOU SPOONY EVENT!"

RELM: "For instance, Gi Nattak recently changed the Jidoor WoB music to the WoR one instead, but upon going into a shop it would switch back! Surprised So after he said some VERY bad words Grandpa would NEVER let me say, he went into the event dump and located the exact code:

CB/441D: C0 If ($1E80($0A4) [$1E94, bit 4] is set), branch to $CB4426
CB/4423: F0 Play song 42 (Kids Run Through the City Corner), (high bit clear), full volume
CB/4425: FE Return

CB/4426: F0 Play song 55 (The Magic House), (high bit clear), full volume
CB/4428: FE Return

Then, all he had to do was change play song 42 to play song 55, and PRESTO! "

NATTAK: "Haha, thanks, you guys. OK, let ME elaborate a bit more on this.

EXAMPLE:

CC/3D38: D2 Load map $00BD (Kohlingen, outdoors (WoR / ending)), position (16, 25), mode $C0
CC/3D3E: F0 Play song 52 (The Day After), (high bit clear), full volume

Song 52 = 32 in hex, use this chart to help you out with hex if need be:
http://www.ascii.cl/conversion.htm

This is a piece of code that is telling the game to play "The Day After" in WoR Kohlingen. There MIGHT be another instance, but this is the only one I could find at the moment. So what you would want to do is change the play song byte to Play song 13 (Locke) or 0D in hex. So open up your hex editor and get ready to go to the address: CC/3D38.

First, make sure you are in hi-rom, (options>display offset as> SNES Hi-ROM) so you can locate it easier by searching offset. Don't use the first C in your search, as that is the current bank you should be in. Instead search for "C3D38" and if you don't have a header, that will send you to the exact byte you need to change. If you DO have a header, you must add on 200 to C3D38. So C3F38 would be it in that case. You can also remove the header if you need to with winhex, or snestool. Umm...that's all I got, would anybody else care to add anything?"

SETZER: "OH! ME, ME! OK, as for using my totally awesome Blackjack theme for the Falcon's deck and flying it, you would need to locate the music pointer for that, and I'm afraid music pointers are not well documented. It's just like the keeping the Dark World song in after getting the Falcon, but the only difference is that THAT music pointer is documented in Cless's romhacking guide, so it was very easy to change it." Objection!

GAU: "Gau have NO idea where the Blackjack music pointer is." Hmm

TERRA: "Changing WoR Mobliz (outside) to Terra's (WoB) theme should be able to be done with just the level editor. Or is the problem that there's not an option for the WoB music in the level editor?? *sniff* I forget." Sad

EDGAR: "Don't be sad, my dear! If that IS the case, then the above method would also be applicable here as well." Smile

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(05-12-2011, 03:41 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: TELLAH: "YOU SPOONY EVENT!"

One word: Epic.

(05-12-2011, 03:41 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Song 52 = 32 in hex, use this chart to help you out with hex if need be:
http://www.ascii.cl/conversion.htm

I use the computer's calculator (the blue one that comes under accessories) to find the hex equivalent of certain bytes. Just press view and switch it to programmer mode. This allows you to put the number in decimal and be automatically changed to hex. Hex editing a rom using windhex, the event dump and skype all open at the same time is kind of troublesome, I find it much nicer to have less websites open in the browser.