Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Giving Lore to Another Character

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
1st of I would like to thank Lenophis, DjinnandTonic, and Gi Nattak for their hex advice and info, I will teach u all how to successfully change a character's Lore learning curve

1st off you will need a hex editor, I recommend WindHex32

2nd you are going to need to know each character's hex Value

Terra: 00
Locke: 01
Cyan: 02
Shadow: 03
Edgar: 04
Sabin: 05
Celes: 06
Strago: 07
Relm: 08
Setzer: 09
Mog: 0A
Gau: 0B
Gogo: 0C
Umaro: 0D

3rd u need to know the offset of the Lore learning curve which is in the C2 bank, it is C2:36D6, that is the exact spot where Lore is learned, and C2:36E1 Y = $3007 ;This checks if Strago is in the party.

what you would need to do here is search 238E2 (with SNES Hi Rom selected, assuming you are using WindHex32)

you will come across 07 that is Strago's byte, all you need to do is change to one of the chars list that I showed up above, like Terra for example, you will then need to change 07 to 00 save the rom and Terra learns lores from now on Wink

the $3007 will be $3000

that's all there is to it Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Quick question about this. Terra will learn Lores for Strago, even if he's not there, but will the Lore command be Strago's? This will also prevent Strago from learning Lores, even if he has the command, correct?
  Find

Threads: 9
Status
None
Yeah. This changes who learns the skills. So you can give Lore to both Terra and Strago, but Terra would be responsible for learning them now instead of Strago.
  Find

Threads: 20
Status
None
Hey but it also gives a cheat.or is this cheat only for the GBA Version??

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;

Threads: 9
Status
None
This isn't a cheat. It's rewriting the data of the rom to allow more customization of the characters.
  Find

Status
None
Er i mean when u look in google and write ff6 cheat Terra has lore then u see what i mean.

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
thats because someone used a GBA cheat to change the data that's all

without the code always being active it can corrupt the file (not always but its possible), but this also depends if its SNES, GBA, or PSX

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
ok now i know it. Cheats are cruel but not always!

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Cheats rewrite the game's HEX code, so hackers are also cheaters, lol

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Actually, cheats generally overwrite a game's RAM information - like savestates. It's similar, but a little different from the ROM hex editing that Poco's talking about.

Editing RAM just changes things as you're playing. Editing ROM changes the source code that performs all the functions. Most cheats are just editing RAM (because it's easier, but not a permanent, and often times, not a stable change).