Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Battle Background Offsets

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
You guys think Lord J will implement anything to organize the battle backgrounds? As of right now, we can't really hack a battle background because you can't place any tiles you create, only modify them.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I doubt it

he told me the battle backgrounds are something else altogether

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Status
Regen
My battle backgrounds are corrupted some how, possibly the pointers. Where are the battle background pointers. I've already replaced the battle background compressed graphics from a clean ROM and that didn't fix my issue...

I did use Lord J's FF6 to FF3us un-censor graphics patch--which worked--but that may have jacked my battle backgrounds...

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
You mean you already changed this ?:

270200 27034F DATA No "Battle Background graphic/data bank selection and palette (3 bytes Graphic Packet, 2 bytes Tile Assembly, 1 byte Palettes), 56 Total" 3/19/2003
270350 27184F PAL No "Battle Background Palettes (168 Palettes, 16 colors each)" 7/16/2002
271850 271A47 PTR No "Pointers to Battle Backgrounds graphics (168 elements, 75 used)" 7/16/2002
271A48 271B27 PTR No Pointers to Battle Background tile assembly (relative to 270200) 7/16/2002
271B28 27ABE6 DATA Yes "Battle Background tile assembly (32x19 tiles (except Ghost Train), 2 bytes per tile)" 7/16/2002

This is all I have found about battle backgrounds...I hope it helps.
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Status
Regen
I changed it back to the original and it didn't fix it. I just started over on a new ROM. Damn graphics. lol

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(01-23-2012, 01:25 PM)Zeemis Wrote: As of right now, we can't really hack a battle background because you can't place any tiles you create, only modify them.

Excuse my noobness, but what does Zeemis mean by only modify them? You can modify the drawing but not the color? Because, im currently ripping some animation im missing for my project, and since a lot of the animation have transparency, the background are screwing the animation. So, i was wondering if it was doable to put the background completely white?

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
anyway to change the background's appearance?
  Find

Status
None
Found a hotfix for my problem, dance Snowman Jazz with Mog Tongue
The background is mostly white in the snowfield. And when the animation is over the monster, casting Imp on it can help!

Edit: .... lol, white doesnt help, it make it worse....A lot of the colors are lost with a transparent animation over a white background, so im guessing a gray background would be the best... So back to square 1... Tongue

Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
(08-30-2012, 06:31 PM)Daemoth Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 01:25 PM)Zeemis Wrote: As of right now, we can't really hack a battle background because you can't place any tiles you create, only modify them.

Excuse my noobness, but what does Zeemis mean by only modify them? You can modify the drawing but not the color? Because, im currently ripping some animation im missing for my project, and since a lot of the animation have transparency, the background are screwing the animation. So, i was wondering if it was doable to put the background completely white?

Each battle background is comprised of several tiles that repeat. They repeat to save space on the rom, this ultimately means that those backgrounds you see aren't actually whole but instead a set of tiles cleverly placed to put together a picture. Think of using several copies of a same piece of a jigsaw puzzle to put it together.
I've hacked a battle background before, it is possible, but only to an extent.
Read this thread I created awhile ago on how to.
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...background
  Find

Status
None
(09-02-2012, 02:16 AM)Zeemis Wrote: Each battle background is comprised of several tiles that repeat. They repeat to save space on the rom, this ultimately means that those backgrounds you see aren't actually whole but instead a set of tiles cleverly placed to put together a picture. Think of using several copies of a same piece of a jigsaw puzzle to put it together.
I've hacked a battle background before, it is possible, but only to an extent.
Read this thread I created awhile ago on how to.
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...background
Nice, thx Zeemis. Ill definitely check it out when i do my next batch of animation.

Find