Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kirito (Sword Art Online)

Threads: 31
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm currently working to a Kirito sprite both for my own will and for fulfill an old sprite request, so i decided to post a teaser of the poses I done so far for feedback purpose.
[Image: 9av0ch.png]

I'm using Setzer as base, but the front poses' head is from Locke's. It will use custom palette.

Update:
[Image: loneredmage-other-kirito.png] [Image: loneredmage-other-kirito-portrait.png]
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
Good start

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
It's a good start, but I suggest you highlight that hair a little as you progress. The way it is now, it blends too much into the monochrome outfit.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
It's pretty good. The hair could use a bit more texture maybe (more second black).
  Find

Threads: 31
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Here's the completed version of the sprite. Compared to the teaser, the hair of all the poses received more shading and its colour were brightened up.
[Image: loneredmage-other-kirito.png]

As a bonus and for compensate the long wait, I also made a portrait.
[Image: loneredmage-other-kirito-portrait.png]
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
This is a nice sprite! I've moved your thread into the PC / NPC sub-forum and I will put the spritesheet and portrait on our server later on.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
its not bad, it could do with some more custom poses tho, its not very kirito like with setzers pose. great for a first sprite tho

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Tissue-aware
It's actually the third full spritesheet he is posting. He has also done FF Matoya and RS Neidhart. They all use poses from other FF6 PC probably like this one but this is a common denominator most novice and even intermediate FF6 spriters or those starting spriting with FF6.
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
That portrait is awesome too, though! It reminds me of FF Tactics Advance's style! Good work, man!

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
it isn't a bad start, personally I would heavily work on his backside, its way too similar to Setzer, although an ideal base, try working around it somewhat, tweak the shoulders a bit and work on the front a little here and there, also try to make it so that his head facing sideways is a bit more proportioned because it is slightly off (try looking at other sprites and look for the consistency with where their eyes, shape of their heads, and hair, you'd notice in most cases they all align somewhat in the same way), you got some potential, keep it up man, you can make this sprite awesome Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC