Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Magitek Command

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Brave
After doing a forum search and google site search for the word "Magitek" I haven't found any information about the problem I experienced with giving characters the Magitek Command.

Once upon a time in my young days I did a playthrough where I got rid everyone save for Terra and Celes' Magic command. In its place I gave everyone a different command. One of the things I encountered was that when characters would use the command, they would baby step forward and down a bit and then fired the beam out of their feet. It was as if the characters were moving with invisible Magitek Armor on.

I'm surprised that l couldn't find a single mention of this in either of my searches. Is their a way to overcome this weirdness, that I am yet unaware of?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
My 2 cents is that there's nothing weird about it, that's just how it's coded to look since it assuming the character is wearing Magitek Armor. It's not coded to check if the character is not wearing the armor, and then change the animation, because there is no instance of this in the vanilla game. Without additional coding to do this, if you were planning on ditching the M.Tek Armor suits in battle you could mess with the spell animation coding using the Battle Animation script found here and change the x/y position of the beam: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...s:doc:game

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Timbo (03-20-2017)

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Brave
(03-20-2017, 06:39 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: My 2 cents is that there's nothing weird about it, that's just how it's coded to look since it assuming the character is wearing Magitek Armor. It's not coded to check if the character is not wearing the armor, and then change the animation, because there is no instance of this in the vanilla game. Without additional coding to do this, if you were planning on ditching the M.Tek Armor suits in battle you could mess with the spell animation coding using the Battle Animation script found here and change the x/y position of the beam: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...s:doc:game
Maybe, I wasn't being clear. The real issue is not the battle animation. It's the fact that after searching throughout numerous threads of discussion about giving various characters the Magitek Command, I didn't see one mention of having to change the animation. I was beginning to think there was a setting or a patch of some sort that everyone but me was aware of.

Thanks for the quick reply btw.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
In all fairness, there may not have been a thread about this issue for three reasons.

1. The instances where people added the Magitek command for their characters, they had the characters in Magitek armor.

2. Those who did add the Magitek command already knew about this limitation or, at least, had the concept in their heads. For them, this knowledge was assumed.

3. You're the first to actually follow through and encounter this problem.

In any case, there's a thread now.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
The problem is not the Magitek command itself. Unless I'm mistaken, it's the animations of the spells tied to magitek command that does the animation intro and beam position. If you assign Fire 2 to the Magitek spell selection, I don't think your character will take the step forward.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(03-21-2017, 01:56 PM)Madsiur Wrote: The problem is not the Magitek command itself. Unless I'm mistaken, it's the animations of the spells tied to magitek command that does the animation intro and beam position. If you assign Fire 2 to the Magitek spell selection, I don't think your character will take the step forward.

This is correct. they are tied to the action animations, not the Magitek Command. If you put a magitek spell in your magic list, or activate it any other way (like a weapon proc or something) it will step forward, etc...
  Find