Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Amanofied Characters

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Brave
This the vibe I'm getting from this place. Warm and fuzzy.

I got so caught up in editing the color of this sprite that I didn't even think about improving it. I scrapped the old boots completely and started from scratch from the original sprite.  I did the same with her death pose.

For frame of reference, I've included the old version on the left.
[Image: nuCYUfY.png]     [Image: HBIZt5a.png]

As always feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I prefer the lighter version. The pants are better and death pose seems a lot less awkward. The last two poses before the tent could be improved maybe... how? I have no clue.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Timbo (03-17-2017)

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Status
Brave
(03-17-2017, 05:14 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I prefer the lighter version. The pants are better and death pose seems a lot less awkward. The last two poses before the tent could be improved maybe... how? I have no clue.

I literally did most of a whole new take on the boots before I went to work. I finished it up just now. I could always revisit the original simple two color concept later. In this version I pretty much changed both her boots and her pants. At this point the only thing that haven't been dramatically changed from the original creators is the jacket design. Everything else is from me or from vanilla.

Here's the new one:
 [Image: x3IBFgu.png]

I tried to add the gold trim from the concept art. I used to tones to differentiate the heel from the rest of her foot. How does this look? As always, feedback is very much welcome.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Timbo for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (01-19-2018)

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Use the lighter yellow for her sleeves, don't give her pauldrons, and make the darker of the brighter yellows the main focus for her boots, right now it sort of looks like her feet are glowing, play around with the shading too, you want to avoid pillow shading as much as possible. Feet can be a very tricky place for spriters.
  Find