The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JWhiteLXXXIX for this post:
  • Vertigo (02-18-2017)

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ah yes! That's the one! - I'll be using that once I finish Luca and the replacement for Mysterious Girl song... I did it again Hmm ... I side tracked. Oh well! Here is the replacement for Test Rider - Atma Rider:

[Image: Atma.png]

Laugh  It is not even a boss - regular encounter in the Void - made from the lifestream Kappa! 

Originally, it was suppose to be a Bulldog Rider - riding Atma looked cooler.

Changed my mind - recolored to resemble polluted lifestream - Geostigma Kappa!

[Image: Atma2.png]

Looks far more savage!

Cheers!

Remember to use Omnislash in Remake Kungfu!
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
nice sprite  Wink
if that's not a boss in your hack, then what's a boss, a sprite 4 time bigger?  Laugh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tenkarider for this post:
  • Vertigo (02-18-2017)

Status
None
Laugh  Right?! I intend to do bosses ridiculously huge, joined together like Voltron, or seemly harmless ones ( the worse ).

[Image: latest?cb=20130702154331] This will certainly not fit - a puzzle boss - and still ... - will have to crop some out. The problem with puzzle idea is that only the active section will highlight white when attacking - I have to cleverly puzzle the boss Tongue

[Image: bahamut_gif04.gif]Another approach would be to place the boss as a background image with invisible boxes - like Dancing Mad - that will certainly work but will be limited - unless there's a way to expand backgrounds Huh

[Image: suikoden-ii-dragon.jpg]

I doubt this can be done - having more than 4 characters in a fight - 4 in the front and 4 in the back... far fetch to be honest. The only thing I can think of is having a team replace another upon defeat - rarely seen in the vanilla since Kefka is a pushover after finding ridiculously OP weaponry and Ultima/Quick spamming. Additional playable characters would be very nice - at least two more - but far fetch too.

Cheers!

Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
i can tell u right now u wont have the space for these lol, cool atma rider tho

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JWhiteLXXXIX for this post:
  • Vertigo (02-18-2017)

Status
None
Question:

Where are the battle backgrounds located exactly in yy-chr??? I only know where the weapons are ...

I'm surprised people don't use puzzle bosses - it naturally works best with "Mould used: 0" this example takes 3/4 moulds to make the giant earth dragon boss - the forth mould is invisible and contains the battle script and name - the rest of the parts are 255 evade friendly and invincible just in case - the whole thing dies if the 4th mould dies like Whelk - it will look on the screen like this after placing the 3 moulds correctly - old man kicking not included:

[Image: b1.png] Kungfu! The forth mould can be ... yet another sprite entirely - depends on what you are trying to do.

And I do see what you are saying - the sprite is WAY too big - even cropped cleverly Laugh

Cheers!

Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
you can't have more than 1 mould, but each mould has from 1 to 6 monster boxes of different sizes, no matter how you use them, any combination can't be bigger than the maximum single 128x128 pixels single box... many pieces boss is not very wise in terms of saving space available for monsters and sprites, despite there's some tool to expand them

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Tenkarider for this post:
  • JWhiteLXXXIX (02-19-2017), Vertigo (02-19-2017)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-18-2017, 08:24 PM)Vertigo Wrote: Where are the battle backgrounds located exactly in yy-chr??? I only know where the weapons are ...

Search for "battle BG" here. They are not a single image where the tiles are ordered from top-left to bottom-right, there's up to 3 GFX set used per tilemap, 3 palettes per BG and graphics are compressed. It not easy to edit, even when you understand the formats but it can be done.
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Vertigo (02-19-2017)

Status
None
Finger  expanding the ROM won't do it? I can only get away with one puzzle boss and one background boss ... good enough! Thanks for the feedback - AND thanks for the background link as well - have no problems doing it tile style

With other bad news, I side track again - oh well! Here it is:

[Image: l.png]Old Locke Laugh "I got fat!" Replaces Arvis - almost there

[Image: cd.png] Ceodore is a Dragoon Templar - no cape - long way to go
[Image: Siegfried.png] Revamp of Siggy - part of the main plot - cropped some of the cape - and yes, he always had a gun.

After watching the TWD, I'll stop side tracking and work on the laughing animation of Luca - let me see if I can pull it up off by adding vamp fangs

=========================================================================================

Update: 2/26/2017 Luca is done!

[Image: luca_done.png]

Main Race = Dwarven
Sub Class = Undead

Cheers!

Find

Status
None
Greetings,

I'm scrapping this project and will start a new thread for the new project called Phantom Seige going to the Phantom World to unlock the Lifestream with a Cetra called Gaia (Main Character).

Can the administration dump this thread?

Cheers!

PS will keep Atma Rider tho Kappa!

Find