Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Could you change a large amount of PCs in the WoR?

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
If you wanted to replace, say, 7 out of 14 members with new ones, but still keep the WoB the same... could you? I'm bouncing around an idea of changing the WoR storyline and don't want to mess with the beginning too much. Thanks!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Yes you can, as long as the characters disappearing don't come back in the WOR. Limit is 14 characters (with 2 guests) but you can have more total characters than this. There are dummies actor data for new ones.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Jeff (01-15-2017)

Status
None
(01-15-2017, 02:19 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Yes you can, as long as the characters disappearing don't come back in the WOR. Limit is 14 characters (with 2 guests) but you can have more total characters than this. There are dummies actor data for new ones.

Nice! With the new characters, can I give them unique skills as well, or would I have to reuse things like Dance/Sketch?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-15-2017, 02:25 PM)Jeff Wrote: Nice! With the new characters, can I give them unique skills as well, or would I have to reuse things like Dance/Sketch?

You would need to reuse dummy ones or replace them. You could expand commands also but this is another story.
  Find
  • Jeff (01-15-2017)

Status
None
(01-15-2017, 04:34 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 02:25 PM)Jeff Wrote: Nice! With the new characters, can I give them unique skills as well, or would I have to reuse things like Dance/Sketch?

You would need to reuse dummy ones or replace them. You could expand commands also but this is another story.

Could you give me a short idea of how to replace the dummies? I'm using FF3usME if that helps.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-15-2017, 05:30 PM)Jeff Wrote: Could you give me a short idea of how to replace the dummies? I'm using FF3usME if that helps.

The only dummy one is Summon I think. You assign it with the Actor data editor but more important you'd need to code the command first. What you want your command to do is up to you but you might need to code a menu if needed, etc. All of this is taken care in bank $C2.
  Find
  • Jeff (01-15-2017)

Status
None
(01-15-2017, 05:58 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 05:30 PM)Jeff Wrote: Could you give me a short idea of how to replace the dummies? I'm using FF3usME if that helps.

The only dummy one is Summon I think. You assign it with the Actor data editor but more important you'd need to code the command first. What you want your command to do is up to you but you might need to code a menu if needed, etc. All of this is taken care in bank $C2.

Cool! Can I also do that within usME? And in regards to other actors, there's a huge amount of empty spaces right after Biggs and Wedge- I'd like to start filling these out with people, but will that actually let me code them in?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-15-2017, 07:03 PM)Jeff Wrote: Can I also do that within usME? And in regards to other actors, there's a huge amount of empty spaces right after Biggs and Wedge- I'd like to start filling these out with people, but will that actually let me code them in?

No the command ASM coding should be done with an assembler. As for character assignation, it is done by event. There's a bunch of examples in the event dump. A event command document will laso be handy since you need to assign also palettes and graphics.
  Find
  • Jeff (01-15-2017)

Status
None
(01-15-2017, 07:46 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 07:03 PM)Jeff Wrote: Can I also do that within usME? And in regards to other actors, there's a huge amount of empty spaces right after Biggs and Wedge- I'd like to start filling these out with people, but will that actually let me code them in?

No the command ASM coding should be done with an assembler. As for character assignation, it is done by event. There's a bunch of examples in the event dump. A event command document will laso be handy since you need to assign also palettes and graphics.

Awesome! So (last question I swear) I can use those spaces and assign them later with the assembler?
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Never swear: we are all dirty liars  Tongue

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find