Poll: Which of these features should be prioritized?
This poll is closed.
Custom AI commands recognition and labeling 30.43% 14 30.43%
3rd Dialogue bank (or half bank) 10.87% 5 10.87%
Expansions ExHiROM support 10.87% 5 10.87%
Ability to modify datas starting offset and number of entries 19.57% 9 19.57%
Ability to edit Setzer Slots 17.39% 8 17.39%
Rare items expansion 10.87% 5 10.87%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3usME new features poll

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-08-2017, 02:59 AM)assassin Wrote: [...] but maybe it means user-specified commands and lengths.  now, going beyond that to define data types and value ranges for the command parameters seems like it'd be a royal pain to code, but this is coming from someone who's never made a single editor. :/

Yes this is exactly what it is. Just a way to label and get rid of the "???". It's not really hard to code but depending how the original code is, Lord J might have to reorganize / redo this part, which could be lengthy.
  Find

Threads: 17
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Sadness
hey

can you guys add in this on the ff6 save editor please, Ability to edit Setzer Slots
  Find

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
While I am aware there are more involved ways to do so with other programs, the ability to edit compressed graphics would be nice. I'm thinking things like shield and weapon sprites in battle, the airships and Esper Terra in flight, Setzer's slot reels. Also maybe certain simple spell animations like Fire Dance or Aura Bolt, or Edgar's Tools.
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
(01-09-2017, 11:06 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: While I am aware there are more involved ways to do so with other programs, the ability to edit compressed graphics would be nice. I'm thinking things like shield and weapon sprites in battle, the airships and Esper Terra in flight, Setzer's slot reels. Also maybe certain simple spell animations like Fire Dance or Aura Bolt, or Edgar's Tools.

Ooh, yeah. Weapon, shield and all those one-time-use sprites and other niceities would be wonderful to edit.

As a joke, I edited the Slave Crown (one of the few extras I was able to edit) into a baby. lol

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Quality of life and user interface tweaks would be great like support for 125% DPI and 150% DPI, complete UI compatibility with Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 so that things like "Harder to run" doesn't appear as "Harder to ru..." or "Near Fatal" doesn't appear as "Near Fa...", etc. FF3usME looks great on Windows XP but not so much on later versions.

Last Update: 02/14/2017 (FFusME 6.8 is current version)

-Being able to sort monsters alphabetically instead of monster ID.
-A way to preview weapon, item and spell animations if possible.
-Shop Editor: Index 45 is labeled "Shop" when it should be labeled Thamasa (it's actually the Relic shop in Thamasa).
-Trying to discover the remaining ??? bits and undocumented spell effects.
-Attempting to implement options/features (if logical to have and feasible to do in such program) based on the latest development from the FF6 hacking community.
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(01-27-2017, 08:21 PM)Warrax Wrote: -Being able to sort monsters alphabetically instead of monster ID.

Ye f**k**g gods, yes.

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Seconding support for font size scaling. I changed my system font to Segoe UI which is apparently wider than MS Sans Serif, and some text descriptions would be cut off in the editor. The worst part was that some number input fields, like in the monster editor, would only fit 2 digits. So I had to scroll a lot until I caved and changed it back so MS Sans Serif.

A search/filter box for monster/spells/items would be neat too. The kind that just narrows the list down as you type.
  Find

Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
(01-08-2017, 02:20 AM)seibaby Wrote: I, too, would like to see the editor made more flexible and future-proof by loading ALL of its offsets and description strings from an external file. Constantly having to cross-check other documentation to see what is what is time-consuming.

I like this idea quite a lot myself.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Lord J wrote to me he would look at the poll result and comments in this thread for ideas for future releases. He is currently still working on Small / Big quote expansions, which was my first suggestion to him back in December. I should have more news this week.
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
Oh, something else...

I have absolutely no sodding clue what the "special event" flag on enemies does. Independent review of it by DN and/or Seibaby (I forget which) concluded that it actually does nothing.

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont