Ignore Freeze for monsters

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
author: seibaby
Download

Things have been kind of slow here lately due to the holidays, so I thought I'd kick off the new year with a new hack!

We all know how broken Gau is with certain Rages like Nightshade (Charm) and Doom Drgn (N. Cross). Long ago, Drakkhen released his Ignore Charm (sadly non-functional, but fixed by me here), and now I'm releasing this patch, Ignore Freeze. In short, with this patch, a monster author can use FF3usME to check the Float immunity box in the monster editor in order to set Freeze immunity.

Don't worry, it doesn't actually set Float immunity as well - that bit actually signifies Dance immunity. Just like the original code does some bit twiddling to transform "inherent Dance" into "inherent Float" (which is why the checkbox is labeled as Float in the editor), my code twiddles some more bits to transform Dance immunity into Freeze immunity.

EDIT: the code as-is is compatible with C.V. Reynolds Bug Fix Compilation, which indicates that this should be compatible with most bug fix patches, so I made some IPS patches: 

Miraculously, the free space I always use for testing seems to be yet unclaimed by the myriad of patch authors, but if this causes conflicts with one of your patches (it certainly will with any of mine), use the .asm patch instead and simply change the offset used by the new code by changing the !freespace define in the beginning of the code.
  Find