Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Multiple Fonts

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-21-2016, 09:02 AM)B-Run Wrote: You need to condense your code into a single .asm or use hard address calls. the JSLs to C0 dont apply in xkas cause it the C1 and C3 files don't see the label declared.

You need to assemble main_EXP.asm where all the files are declared. It will work as it has been debugged and tested multiple times.

According to xkas incsrc documentation:

Assemble included file. There is a 512-deep recursion limit. (e.g. incsrc inside an incsrc inside an incsrc...) - See the macro definitions for why this is here. It will assemble the included file immediately when hit. So if your incsrc is in the middle of the file, that's where it's going. All labels/sublabels/etc. are in the global-scope. So if you have label1: defined in file1.asm, then incsrc file2.asm, file2 will be able to use label1:, and subsequently not be able to redefine it.

(12-21-2016, 09:02 AM)B-Run Wrote: Also, this breaks my battles in CoV =(... probably because I have the 5-digit damage patch already applied. I was hoping this wouldn't affect damage numerals... or if it doesnt, i'll have to figure out the other conflict. CoV would love this patch.

Yes, the 32 000k damage patch will likely not work with the GBA font. You would need to tweak the GBA FWF...

(12-21-2016, 08:28 AM)seibaby Wrote: But Madsiur, I think you're being too generous with your version numbers... :p

Yes, it really should be 1.04 or 1.1.3. However this is just how it went Tongue

Edit: On a side note, the hack should now be bug free, as James White did a full RotDS run with the Font hack applied.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Version 1.4.1 uploaded! There was a bug with calculating actors name length, shifting partially or totally the name to the next dialogue line if name was at the end of line. This has been corrected.

The fix take 0 new bytes, it just switch Y for X on a few instructions after $C080E7. Thanks to Gi Nattak and Tenkarider (?) for the bug report!
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
oh, you must mean the one i caught while streaming ROTDS in insane mode  Tongue

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-18-2017, 12:17 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: oh, you must mean the one i caught while streaming ROTDS in insane mode  Tongue

Fake news! You're worst than CNN! All this time you were actually playing normal mode because Master Zed new game+ code was resetting the RAM value used to store the difficulty. Unless you went insane from new game and not before new game+, then it is true.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah he started with Insane lol.
And yes Tenkarider that is indeed the instance he is referring to. Both you and recently another player reported it happening, in more cases than just that once. I could never reproduce it on my side here though, no matter what. But, there were other spacing issues I did witness. Anyway very glad this has been fixed!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
(03-18-2017, 12:46 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Unless you went insane from new game and not before new game+, then it is true.

Don't underestimate me  Hold on that's the whole point of that playthrough btw(no NG+)

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey madsiur, I was wanting to include this with my mod, but I would need help implementing it. This may not be possible, because I am using a 1.1 ROM. Also, I am already using F2 for the monster graphics, so the data would have to be somewhere else - and finally, fedorajoe has done some remapping of a few of the icons (he eliminated the throwing weapons icon since they no longer exist in order to add a potion icon for items).

This may be more work than you are willing to do (and that's fine if you don't want to), but If you want to help me I would definitely include it with my mod.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(04-14-2019, 10:51 PM)Lightning Wrote: Hey madsiur, I was wanting to include this with my mod, but I would need help implementing it.

I don't have time to do it for you but I can help. First check if the mod works on a clean 1.1 ROM. Then I think all what would require a change is the two orgs in the C0_EXP ASM file as well as the bank variable:

Code:
!bankAdvn = $F2     ; Bank of Advance Font

org $F20000
fillbyte $00 : fill $800    ; Make sure we have free space before FWF Font

org $F20800
incbin gbafonts.bin

If you want to edit the GBA font, just swap it with the normal font and do your edits.
  Find

Status
None
Yeah, I figured I would be doing all the work, just with your help. Wink

I am on a vacation right now, but will try a 1.1 ROM when I get back.
  Find

Status
None
Ok, so this hack only partially works on a 1.1 ROM. The font can be changed in the menu as it should, but battles crash the game.
  Find