Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fuse Spell Pool Submissions

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-20-2016, 04:42 PM)B-Run Wrote: If someone wants to spearhead coding new animations I'm all for it. Tho animations can be updated and I think LK's animations are great starting points while we are setting up the abilities to begin with.

I'll do some tests to see how easy is it to play with a simple new graphic and a simple animation script. Then I'll move to better stuff. If this is not insane work and calculation to get a decent animation, then the expansion would worth it. I could come up with a small guide. Worst case we stick to animation data and script changes with original graphics, this could be enough.

I agree you can do nice stuff just with animation data, Lockirby's animations are an example but at the same time it would be nice to have neverseen things in term of specific graphics.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
As discussed on B-Run stream, we'll expand animations. First step is the attack animations data (14 bytes you edit in FF3usME) and animation scripts. I made room for 50 extra script pointers (100 bytes). This should cover all we need. As for the scripts, they are at beginning of their bank so space is unlimited. Same goes for animation data which has nothing following. I'm not sure if banks $F4 and $F5 is the best spot, but this can be changed.

The goal is to not modify vanilla data. If more than one person play with this, you could save your animation data as a 14 bytes binary file and post it in the thread. Same goes for animation scripts. Putting everything together after should be easy. In fact I don't even know why I expanded a ROM, made a patch and everything, you could as well overwrite vanilla data and only post the modified data or script here.

Importing new animation graphics is a more complex task and I don't think we really need it for now. Let's see what we can do with the scripts and vanilla graphics. I'll try to come out with some animations as well.

http://madsiur.net/animations.zip

Code:
;new data
F40000     F405FF     Pointers to Battle Animation Scripts (+$F50000)
F40600     F41FFF     Attack Animation Data (475 items max, 14 bytes each)
F42000     F42FFF     Attack Graphics Data  (minimum 656 items, 6 bytes each)
F50000     F57FB1     Battle Animation Scripts (768 items max, variable length)

;old data
D00000     D07FB1     Free Space
D07FB2     D097FF     Free Space
D1EAD8     D1EFFF     Free Space
D4D000     D4DF3B     Free Space
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I realized that we need to expand the Attack Animation Data if we expand the scripts. Each scipt is multiplied by 6 to get its attack Animation Data. As an example using a copy of the pearl script and putting it at the end of the scripts ($0294) instead of the original $E4 will load garbage data and the wrong graphics. That is why I updated my above post with correct expansion.

Also, some scripts using command $80 could use the script ID in the $C1 bank ASM code. This mean in this case we need to restore the corresponding original ID. Luckily, most of these commands are specific to a single script.

I find the way of having 2 or 3 bin files open for each script of a spell an easy way to edit if you have an ASM file. I included the pearl2 example. No need to recalculate pointers. You edit the script and roll the ASM file and test your changes. We could build a similar file for all the scripts. It will ease the process.

My pearl 2 example is butchered but it'S just to show the possibilities:

http://madsiur.net/pearl2.zip

Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (10-30-2016)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
pretty freakin awesome madsiur that's one hell of an expansion

the spell was looking really cool too, it takes me back that's for sure lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC