Poll: What, if anything, should be changed for Iris?
Everything, scrap her entirely.
Alter her concept/backstory
Make a brand new backstory
Alter her design
Make a brand new design
Alter her ability
Make a brand new ability
She's just fine, leave the poor girl alone!
Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Iris Havengard Current Progress

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Design:
15th-Man Project Wrote:[Image: IrisHavengard.png] [Image: IrisPortraitLarge.png]
Here's an update to the spritesheet with a new tent and edited hurt sprite and a new portrait:

[Image: Iris%20Havengard%20UPDATE.png]               [Image: IrisPortraitRedux..png]                  [Image: IrisPortraitReduxlarge..png]                  [Image: screenshot.png]

Additionally I have a second version of the same portrait, so please say which you prefer:

[Image: IrisPortraitRedux2..png]          [Image: IrisPortraitRedux2large.png]

And a side by side comparison:

[Image: IrisPortraitReduxlarge..png]     [Image: IrisPortraitRedux2large.png]
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I guess I prefer the second version, but both are better than the old portrait because it doesn't look like a Terra edit :D

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
I find the second new version to be better.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
To be completely honest, I prefer the Terra-esque version. It's hard to pinpoint exactly why the others feel off, but they don't mesh well with the rest of the PC cast. It's probably not fair to expect the exact same quality as the original game, but maybe you could base a portrait off of some other Amano work, then do similar edits to what you did with Terra.

Oooooo! This could be a good one:
You've clearly shown you know how to do the monstrous scarring and hair exceptionally well, I think with this base (she even has clothes similar to Iris), we'd have something really unique and fitting. This girl looks like she gives off the cold, but delicate demeanor we are going for with Iris too.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
even me likes more Terra-esque version

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
geez.. props to B-Run for posting the biggest image ever seen on the forum. I resized it.

Edit: I second B-Run idea of an alternate portrait using this image.
  Find

Status
None
Ugh...I'll try, but don't put your hopes up too high, you are asking me to turn a watercolor painting into pixel art after all lol

(11-12-2016, 11:41 PM)Sutebenukun Wrote: Design:
15th-Man Project Wrote:[Image: IrisHavengard.png] [Image: IrisPortraitLarge.png]
Here's an update to the spritesheet with a new tent and edited hurt sprite and a new portrait:

[Image: Iris%20Havengard%20UPDATE.png]               [Image: IrisPortraitRedux..png]                  [Image: IrisPortraitReduxlarge..png]                  [Image: screenshot.png]

Additionally I have a second version of the same portrait, so please say which you prefer:

[Image: IrisPortraitRedux2..png]          [Image: IrisPortraitRedux2large.png]

And a side by side comparison:

[Image: IrisPortraitReduxlarge..png]     [Image: IrisPortraitRedux2large.png]

Here's the newest Iris Portrait that I worked tirelessly on since my previous post (lol):

[Image: NewestIrisportrait..png]      [Image: NewestIrisportraitlarge.png]

And a comparison of the three portraits:

[Image: IrisPortraitReduxlarge..png]          [Image: IrisPortraitRedux2large.png]             [Image: IrisPortraitLarge.png]               [Image: NewestIrisportraitlarge.png]
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to LordSutebenu for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (12-25-2017)

Status
Obliviscence
I like that. do we have the palette to give her lips just a hint of color, and make the nose slightly less pronounced (or maybe faded?) Let the nose be hinted at rather than right on there, does that make sense?

This is head and shoulders (pun) above the previous versions IMO. Well done!

Edit: Oh, and make the shoulder that's facing us a little wider.
  Find

Status
None
Thanks for the compliments but considering she isn't supposed to be exceptionally beautiful and is supposed to represent the ugliness and naked greed of humanity with her disfigurements and personality, I'm very much against giving her any sort of makeup to make her appear more beautiful. Only reason I gave her earrings was so she could fit in with the rest of the female cast.

The shoulder thing I can do (though demanding I do something that way sort of irritates me), but I already think she's too beautiful in this latest portrait, let alone making edits to make her even prettier. My design was based off of the fact she was supposed to be greatly disfigured and tormented. So artistically I am against beautifying her anymore than she already is. Her pronounced nose and thinner lips help play down her beauty and were intentionally done this way.

If I'm mistaken in what you were intending then I apologize but I wanted my feelings about it to be known.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Yeah, my plan wasn't to make her prettier, i was thinking a skin-tone...

I apologize for offending, that definitely wasn't my intention, and I am super appreciative of your work. Anyone who's worked with me knows how anal I can be when it comes to tweaks. I could never do anything even a fraction that good myself. That being said, this is a community project and I probably don't need or mean to speak for everyone. So please accept my humblest apologies. Hmm

Maybe we can take that base and ugly-ify it a bit more? I definitely agree with what you said about not wanting her to be "pretty".
  Find