Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Project Overview

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
[Image: FRH_banner.gif]

The FF6Hacking.com Full Roster Hack is a community project wherein the community will be outlining and prototyping full-fledged 15th and 16th permanent party members to Final Fantasy VI. This involves hacking everything from sprites, to story, to events, to maps, to abilities, to menus! It's an extremely ambitious project, but we can do it together.

This is actually an expansion on the idea we originally set forth in the 15th-Man Project, back in 2013, that regrettably went dead. However, it is time for it to see new life. After taking an informal vote, the consensus was that you all wanted to finish Iris Havengard from the 15th-Man Project, then create another brand-new-from-scratch PC after that. So that is the plan!

There are, of course, limitations to this kind of thing, most notably the inability to use guest characters after obtaining both characters 15 and 16, however we can easily work around this by making these characters WoR only;, or temporary guests/cameo characters in the WoB only later to be recruited permanently. But besides this, everything else is something we can work through. Due to recent releases, most of what we need to create full-fledged PCs is already done. And the rest will be up to our coders to work together to solve.

Content-creators will also have a place to shine. We will be needing sprites, music, and even maps for our new characters... and we have some excellent talent on the site to help us. I wholeheartedly believe you can come up with some truly amazing things.

We will also be needing ideas. Like the previous installment of the project, we will make almost all of our decisions via submission and public vote. Even those without any hacking skills can make a huge difference by simply participating in submissions and voting! We will be needing background information, ties to existing characters/plot, event ideas, and dialogue. I don't think there's anyone who doesn't have ideas for these kinds of things, it's why you came to FF6Hacking.com in the first place: to make something new. Take this as an opportunity to learn more about the hacking process. Pick up new skills to add to your hacks.

I can't wait to get rolling on this. Keep an eye out for submissions and polls to start appearing in the near future. Coders, please check out the ASM thread for things we need your help with and sign up for a topic.

Happy Hacking!
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • DenVaktare (10-20-2017), DenVaktare (10-20-2017), FF6Fanatic (09-20-2016), Robo Jesus (10-05-2016)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Glad to see we're getting the ball rolling on this. Smile

Since Umaro and Gogo are WoR only, could we cannibalize their slots for the guest characters instead? I'm not really sure if there are issues with Umaro's berserker nature or Gogo's mimicry though. But if we did that we'd have complete flexibility over where to bring in the new characters. Iris doesn't feel like a "WoR only" character to me, and if we did temporary recruitment their stats and levels wouldn't carry over properly.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Transcendency
This topic is very interesting, so I like that people that are doing the 15th-Man Project, It's a good idea since Umaro and GoGo are optional, so this will be a great idea for future hacks, because they will add new abbilities fot them ( like an esper blitz, or  like LuLu from FFX> You can do the a lot of times the same spell) this is something that inspires me, America doesnt need a president, America need these hackers Smile Victory
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
You can count me in for some coding and events if needed. I'm a poor man for dialogues, music and spriting but I have some ideas for characters backstories and roles in the game events. It would be cool if these two characters full implementation flow well with what was done 23 (?) years ago. I also like the idea of maybe one character having a cameo in the WOB and maybe some WOB (optional) events having them as NPC, this would set the table properly for the WOR.
  Find

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
As mentioned, one option is to migrate the characters slots for Gogo and Umaro. Gogo (id 12) and Umaro (id 13) may become the new guests characters. They may be added in the roster by events or the Guest Adder code. Their old slots can be recycled for the two new characters. One of them will be Iris.

The positive aspect is that you don't need to change the equipment code, because the new characters will inherit the flags used by Gogo and Umaro. Probably, the settings of the two new characters  may be easer this way. Guests may need special code alteration because the game engine handles them differently from normal characters. However, since the new characters are actually default recycled characters we may avoid these cases.

Another positive aspect is that the new two characters can be used in the World of balance as well.

The negative aspect is that Gogo and Umaro will became guests. Because of it, they can't change equipment. Honestly, I don't care too much if Gogo and Umaro can't change equipment. In the default game, Umaro can only change their relics and, perhaps with a few exceptions, in my opinion, Gogo's equipment is lame. The new characters should have better options for their equipment features.

We also need to migrate their special features. We probably can easily update the 'automatically attack' feature for Umaro and the 'select commands in status screen' feature for Gogo in their new characters slots.

If you don't care about the lack of equipment change for Gogo and Umaro, i believe it ias a valid route for this project. But it is only a suggestion.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
since I got a working pc now I'm gonna see if I can contribute to some sprite work I do want to try out a couple of things I've had in mind

I cannot promise anything quickly but count me in, I'm rusty so I will consider some suggestions

hearing info about what people want (character-wise) specifically can help me to help you lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
(09-20-2016, 11:34 AM)B-Run Wrote: We will also be needing ideas.

Well, there was an idea brought up in Auction House thread about the "Imp Robot" being a possible playable character, along with giving them the "Magitek" function as their main 'special' ability.

Of course, the issue there would be ensuring that the "Imp" auction would only happen in the WoR. That is the issue there with that I suppose.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-05-2016, 06:57 AM)Robo Jesus Wrote: Well, there was an idea brought up in Auction House thread about the "Imp Robot" being a possible playable character

I wonder how much backstory and game event blending an auction house character would have compared to a character that is actually incorporated in the game events from the WOB and has ties with NPCs or PCs. The Imp Robot is a prize that the party win, it's hard to make him more deep than Gogo or Umaro...
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to something like that. Tho it would allow for a lot less creativity on the parts of the makers... I guess we'll see how Iris pans out and what people think when we get closer to starting the 16th character.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
This sounds awesome.
Having had ideas for the 2 extra characters over a decade ago, this is a really exciting prospect to me.
One of my ideas was for a former imperial soldier character that used Magitek in much the same way as Edgar uses tools.
Roboimp reminded me of that right off the bat.
And Roboimp can be deeper. He could be one of Cid's prototype Magitek platforms with an AI that has languished in the bowels of the Magitek research facility.
  Find