Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6LE Rogue CE / Zone Doctor CE

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
I removed Zone Doctor CE 0.1 from downloads because there are at least 2 major bugs with it that I cannot yet fix. I also made the GitHub repository private. This will stay like that until I get a stable release like FF6LE CE is now.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I updated FF6LE CE to version 0.8. No big change from previous one except now event offset for event trigger and entrance event can be maxed at $35FFFE ($FFFFFE). This allow to put events directly past the $CCFFFF limit. This feature was not possible for NPC events because NPC data only allow 18 bits to the event and not 3 full bytes thus maxing it out at $3FFFF (limit is actually $2FFFF in LE). I fixed also a small bug with expansion level names when entering the editor first time after expansion.

I've also finally written a readme!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I updated Zone Doctor CE to version 0.2 and reopened the GitHub repository after the debacle of few days ago. I think now (finally) I've cornered most bugs (created by me). I removed the log feature because expansion is stable now. There are many things to improve in original Zone Doctor but they are beyond the scope of this project. As an example I noticed exit tags are all messed up, though that doesn't affect exit data or the game in any way.

I'd like to thank Warrax for testing various builds and speeding up development and the release of bugfix versions. Next update of FF6LE CE should be the final one as well as for Zone Doctor CE. I've pretty much covered what I wanted as far as map expansion goes.

Edit: I've fixed the exit tags bug, I was somehow using the message names list instead of the location name list when creating a tag. I'm not yet releasing a bugfix just for this though.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • DrMeat (10-08-2016), Warrax (10-08-2016)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
(10-07-2016, 09:07 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I'd like to thank Warrax for testing various builds and speeding up development and the release of bugfix versions. Next update of FF6LE CE should be the final one as well as for Zone Doctor CE. I've pretty much covered what I wanted as far as map expansion goes.

Hey no problems, I enjoy it. I was unsatisfied with current FF3 Level Editors and saw great potential with CE. You being active on the forum and being quick to fix bugs helped a lot too. Thank you for updating these great editors.

Update:

I've found a bug with ZoneDoctor 0.2:
If the previous ROM used cannot be found, a message will appear letting you know (that's fine) but will then crash instead of starting normally without any ROMs loaded (like the original ZD).

Old bug still present: Exits are still messed up with wrong Exits and Out of Bounds Index error messages next to many exits (shown on maps). Tested with vanilla ROMs and Expanded, no differences.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(10-07-2016, 11:24 PM)Warrax Wrote: If the previous ROM used cannot be found, a message will appear letting you know (that's fine) but will then crash instead of starting normally without any ROMs loaded (like the original ZD).

I'll look into this one.

(10-07-2016, 11:24 PM)Warrax Wrote: Old bug still present: Exits are still messed up with wrong Exits and Out of Bounds Index error messages next to many exits (shown on maps). Tested with vanilla ROMs and Expanded, no differences.

I've fixed this but haven't released the build yet. Since it doesn't affect the game I thought I would wait for the next version. Those tags use the exit map ID and compare to the location name list, only when modifying some code I referenced the message names list instead.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I've uploaded Zone Doctor CE 0.2.1. This version fix the exit tags, the editor crash when last ROM used is not found and name correctly the default XML file path on first editor use (application directory path + "\settings.xml").

From now on there will be a single executable good for both 32-bit and 64-bit OS. I've also lowered the target Framework from 4.6.1 to 4.0 because the code really didn't needed 4.6.1. FF6LE Rogue CE target Framework is also 4.0.
  Find

Status
None
Found a new bug with ZD CE 0.21

With the green Event flag enabled, maps 0, 71, 76, 77, 78, 80, 85, 91, 134, 143, 151, 153, 162, 163, 165, 180, 191, 194, 195, 237, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 325, 326, 327, 328, 331, 332, 345, 346, 347, 348, 350 and 384 are causing this error:

Code:
ZONEDOCTOR, Version=3.18.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, ROMSize=$400000

**************Exception Text**************
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at ZONEDOCTOR.ScriptsEditor.Commands.Interpreter.GetLocationName(UInt16 value)
  at ZONEDOCTOR.ScriptsEditor.Commands.Interpreter.InterpretCommand(EventCommand esc)
  at ZONEDOCTOR.ScriptsEditor.Commands.EventCommand.ToString()
  at ZONEDOCTOR.Do.EventScriptToText(EventScript eventScript, Int32 offset, Int32 lines, Int32 length)
  at ZONEDOCTOR.Overlay.DrawLocationEventTag(Graphics g, LocationEvents events, Event temp, Int32 z)
  at ZONEDOCTOR.Overlay.DrawLocationEventTags(Graphics g, LocationEvents events, Int32 z)
  at ZONEDOCTOR.TilemapEditor.pictureBoxLocation_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
  at ZONEDOCTOR.NewPictureBox.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs pe)

BTW I noticed you credited me in ZD CE (thanks) but not in FF3LECE.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I wasn't able to replicate the bug. I'm not sure what you mean by "Event flag enabled". However I did look at the function in the posted error log and there was two things that could cause problem, a check for map ID lower or equal to $019E (while it should be $01FE) and a list referenced that was messages names instead of Location names.

Let me know if this build does it again. If not I'll release it as official version 0.2.2:

Edit: Temporary link removed. See original post for version 0.2.2.

I'll also make sure to credit you in the next FF6LE CE release.
  Find

Status
None
You nailed it, it's fixed now. Awesome!

By "Event flag enabled", I meant to say "Event Fields"like it's called in FF3LE (shortcut key is CTRL+i), it's so you can see event locations on maps, the issue only happened when it was activated.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I've updated FF6LE CE to version 0.8.1!

This is simply a bugfix that was in original FF6LE:

When saving all the tilesets, the code would look if tilemap X (instead of tileset X) has been modified, resulting in compressing unmodified tilesets. This is nothing dramatic but in some cases it would lead to the "not enough tilesets free space" error, preventing from correctly saving the ROM. This may also mean the compression algorithm in the editor is somewhat different from the the one developed by Squaresoft, maybe less efficient?? I have not yet checked Zone Doctor if the same mistake has been made but I will do this week.

I also updated all assembly info and from now on there will be a single build for x64 and x86 OS.
  Find