Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6LE Rogue CE / Zone Doctor CE

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
I just tested with a vanilla 1.0 ROM (again, expanded to 32mbit via FF3usME) and the problem is the same. 

I know you think I'm probably doing a mistake but I'll show pictures to show that it's set correctly.

It behave the same as if the Exit that lead to map $10B had SHOWMESSAGE disabled, but it's not!

Feel free to point any mistakes:

http://i64.tinypic.com/jpdmpe.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/evcqcx.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/vqpd9f.jpg

Do not mind the SRAIRWAY (STAIRWAY) typo Smile

Edit: Just tested with Zone Doctor for fun, same problem, it behave like if the Exit had SHOWMESSAGE disabled when it's not.
Mind you it does work fine with other non-dummy maps so something must be wrong somewhere.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
I don't know what you are not doing correctly. Settings seems fine. Here is my tests and after I was testing from a savestate at the opening credits (starting a new game will do the same since map $013 is loaded right after that). I tested with the 0.5 debug build and the x64 release build:

http://imgur.com/a/dq79J

On another note, version 0.6 will have treasure expansion. There are actually $827 bytes for chest data in vanilla. If we divide by 5 since each chest is 5 bytes we have 417 chest, the max found in FF6LE. However there is $40 bytes of SRAM for chests ($1E40-$1E7F). This is 512 bits total. So I will expand chest data accordingly in 0.6. Should I expand it beyond 512 * 5 assuming some would like to have two chests on the same bit, like setting dummy chests that could only be opened elsewhere on another map with the same graphics (and a graphic change to access the chest) or upgraded chests like there is in the WOR in original game?

I can set the data to have 800 possible chests, the problem is not space but chest SRAM bits. Where chest data are right now in expansion there is more than $1400 bytes free after the non-expanded data.
  Find

Status
None
Just did the same exact test with the exact same location and it work! However if I set the X/Y to 44 , 53 (so that it teleport you at the entrance of the stairs to the right), it saves as 44, 32 instead (and it work with 44, 32) so I can't even test it with the location I want (44, 53), maybe this is a hint of the problem?

Edit: Nevermind, location 44, 53 saves correctly now for some reasons, need to do more testing.

Awesome news for 0.6!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(09-19-2016, 07:57 PM)Warrax Wrote: However if I set the X/Y to 44 , 53 (so that it teleport you at the entrance of the stairs to the right), it saves as 44, 32 instead (and it work with 44, 32) so I can't even test it with the location I want (44, 53), maybe this is a hint of the problem?

It saves correctly on my end, teleport in-game at 44, 53 and display the location name.
  Find

Status
None
Yeah it's fine, it work. For some reasons, things doesn't seems to always save and sometimes the Y changes automatically to another number, I've had that issue before, seems random. I'm not too surprised tho, FF6LE has always been buggy.

Alright so I guess I must completely get out of Kefka Tower to make it work, or I have to start a new game...which is a first since re-entering the map is usually enough to refresh any changes. Sorry for the troubles.

Edit: Just did a new Kefka Tower run and the issue is still there.

Edit2: I added an Exit on WOR map that lead to map $10B location 44, 53 and the message DOES show but DOESN'T show if I use the Exit located in map $14E (Kefka Tower, Outside, location 30,11) instead. Weird...

However it WILL work if I use the WOR exit that lead to $10B (44, 53) FIRST, then leaving $10B using the exit below (which lead to map $14E (30,13) then re-entering map $10B (I edited the Exit at location 30,11 to make it teleport to $10B, location 44,53 for testing purpose), and the message will display if you do it in that order...*Mind Blown* Man that's so fucked up, I'm so done for the night, lol!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I thought more aboputy chests SRAM. I'm thinking about allowing a max of 768 chest, which would require $60 SRAM bytes if each chest has its own bit. Via the expansion setting window, you could add your own SRAM ranges (maybe allowing a max of 10 ranges or so). Default range would be $1E40-$1E7F ($40 bytes) but it could be changed. The total of SRAM ranges should not be higher than $60 bytes. The chest memory bit selection upDown and textbox would allow any value in those ranges. These settings would be saved in a XML file which location and name could be changed like the location name file.

Is this a good alternative?
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(09-19-2016, 09:45 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I thought more aboputy chests SRAM. I'm thinking about allowing a max of 768 chest, which would require $60 SRAM bytes if each chest has its own bit. Via the expansion setting window, you could add your own SRAM ranges (maybe allowing a max of 10 ranges or so). Default range would be $1E40-$1E7F ($40 bytes) but it could be changed. The total of SRAM ranges should not be higher than $60 bytes. The chest memory bit selection upDown and textbox would allow any value in those ranges. These settings would be saved in a XML file which location and name could be changed like the location name file.

Is this a good alternative?

Ooooo... that'd be a nice feature, and would play very nicely with the mmmmmagic update that recently freed up 85 ($55) bytes or SRAM.

P.S. LE has officially become a playground to you, hasn't it, Mad?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(09-19-2016, 10:34 PM)B-Run Wrote: Ooooo... that'd be a nice feature, and would play very nicely with the mmmmmagic update that recently freed up 85 ($55) bytes or SRAM.

I'm also thinking it's a good and flexible solution.

(09-19-2016, 10:34 PM)B-Run Wrote: P.S. LE has officially become a playground to you, hasn't it, Mad?

I think that feature would be the last thing I implement outside correcting new bugs found. Once this is done with FF6LE, I'll just port everything to Zone Doctor then call it a day. I would like to go back on FF6AE and the Expanded Monster Editor the soonest possible.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
All this stuff is making me super excited for future hacking! Thanks for your hard work everyone!!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Version 0.6 is up! (see original post)

This version has one major bug fix and one major upgrade:

Upgrade: You can now expand chest memory. When doing map expansion, you have the space for 824 chests but only 512 memory bits available. If you expand chest memory, unused SRAM $1E20-$1E3F will be used. The existing SRAM $1E40-$1E7F for chests is "shifted" to $1E20-$1E5F leaving $1E60-$1E7F usable for extra chests. I've done tests with memory bits in the $1E2X and $1E7X range and so far so good. The maximum available chests bits with this second expansion is 768.

Bug: The chest expansion led me to an obvious bug with chest ASM in original expansion that made chests unobtainable. This has been fixed and re-tested yesterday and now everything seems to work correctly. However those who have a current project with version 0.5 must apply manually those changes. I'm sorry for this and I believe this is the only ASM bug.

Edit: You can also apply the ASM file asm-fix-0.6.asm available with the downloadable archive to fix the ASM bug. Just replace instances of XX with your actual data expansion bank.

Code:
; XX remain unchanged (it's your expansion bank)
; basically you need to add 0xC0 to all chests related LDAs (but not chest pointers LDAs)
; As an example, LDA $F2E340,X is becoming LDA $F2E400,X
; The org value is where the LDA (BF) start
; Following code contain the good values to put

org $C04C08    
LDA $XXE404,X (BF04E4XX)

org $C04C0E    
LDA $XXE402,X (BF02E4XX)

org $C04BEC    
LDA $XXE400,X (BF00E4XX)

org $C04BF4    
LDA $XXE401,X (BF01E4XX)

org $C015F1    
LDA $XXE400,X (BF00E4XX)

org $C015F7    
LDA $XXE401,X (BF01E4XX)

org $C015FE    
LDA $XXE402,X (BF02E4XX)

org $C01609    
LDA $XXE402,X (BF02E4XX)
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • DrMeat (09-30-2016), Warrax (09-26-2016)