Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Morph Packs in FF6A

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
How much is known about morph packs in FF6 Advance? Is it possible to manually edit them? I'm looking at adding some morphs for items that you normally don't get many of (I.E. Brachiosaur has a chance to morph into a Ragnarok, cactrots into elixirs or megalixirs, etc.) I know FF6AE can change which morph packs an enemy uses, so that's no issue. Thanks in... Advance.  Laugh
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
It's not something I have found in the (E) ROM and honestly I can't remember if I looked for it. You could try searching the ROM with a hex string of the FF3us ROM morph data, maybe not all the data but chuncks of it in case they modified entries in the GBA ROM. I would say the format might be the same. However if they added packs, the new data might be separated from the original data, meaning it would not be at the end of original data.

Maybe @Everything has info?
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • FenixElite (01-28-2018)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 23
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
In FF6A (U), the metamorphosis data is at 0x62B23C-0x62B2A4. They didn't add anything, and the format is the same as the SNES version.

I haven't looked for it in the (J) or (E) versions, but you could just search for it like madsiur suggested. The values should all be the same.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • FenixElite (01-28-2018)