Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR)

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
wikipedia Wrote:Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a euphoric experience characterized by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine, precipitating relaxation.

On last week's stream this subject was brought up. It's something that I've been doing off-and-on for a couple years, and it is extremely relaxing. There are a ton of youtube videos for this and its one of the best background activities that can be going on while I hack. I won't call it "the secret to my success," but it certainly helps keep me happy and relaxed while I code.

It can be really hard to explain ASMR to someone who hasn't experienced it before, in fact, some can't experience it at all (sadly). But I encourage everyone to at least give it a shot. Most of the time you'll want to be in a quiet place wearing comfortable headphones. A lot of people use ASMR not just to relax, but also as a sleep aid. So anyone here who has trouble sleeping should definitely give these a shot.

I thought it'd be fun to make a thread where people can share some of their favorite videos for others to relax to, or maybe just help them experience something new! So here are some of my favorites I've come accross.

This is the one that started it all for me. I was having a really frustrating day, and was tired, and just didn't feel like doing anything. I've always liked the sound of whispers and typed "whispering" into youtube and this was the first thing that popped up. I had no idea what ASMR was and didn't think much of it until later. This is still one of my favorites.

In the early days of ASMR, Heather Feather was one of the frontrunners, and this geeky video is both funny and nostalgic. Also the whispering she does for the item that starts around minute 17 is the BEST. (make sure you're wearing headphones for this)

In general, I don't find male voices relaxing, but this guy has some really unique stuff. He has a whole fantasy series in a world he created, and they are both relaxing AND interesting to listen to. He uses a lot of layered sounds which creates a very unique feel.

If you've been dabbling in ASMR or just done the first few videos above, prepare to have your mind blown. Visual ASMR, and specifically this video give me, by far, the strongest and most unique triggers. Visual ASMR is almost a totally different thing. I use this to get tired before bed pretty regularly.

That's all I'll post for now but there are TONS of other videos I'll rotate through. And if these pique your interest, everyone has different things they prefer and there are a lot of other kinds of triggers worth exploring: tapping, scratching, unintelligible whispering, mouth sounds, all sorts of stuff... go find what works best for you! THEN POST THEM HERE! The only thing I ask is to use common sense when posting and not to put up anything risque.

Happy Relaxing!
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
oh, i think i got what's ASMR... still the visual one sounds not very much effective on me, whispers works.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
I actually want to tell her to speak up. That's how dumb I am.

Also... she gets reaaally close to the camera, puts her mouth on center, then whispers... that's pretty suggestive man... does your wife know you watch this stuff? Laugh

Maybe it's me. My one-track mind refuses to see her as anything other than an insinuating little minx. No wonder the comments were disabled in that video.

BTW your comment "I use this before I go to bed" is kinda weird, too. What's happening to this community...
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Lol. its a common misconception about ASMR. Tho there ARE some out there that actually go that route, but I avoid those.

...and yes, my wife knows about ASMR. Again, its hard to explain if you haven't done it, and looks really weird to outsiders.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I understand the relaxing effect it can have on people that are sensible to this but neither the visuals or voices / sounds have zero effect on me. I almost envy those who are easily affected.
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 21
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
thx for pointing this stuff out B-Run.

I get this a lot, I find the triggers to not all work the same, relaxing me in different ways but they also work together so mixing things up works really well for me. I find tapping most enjoyable though (especially fast).

Here's two video's I really enjoyed, tapping based.

This guy is amazing, he can tap extremely fast and has really unique ideas. Has a very good touch for the ASMR.

This girl probably gets the most tingles of all cause she's really precise when making sounds and they seem perfectly timed and mixed for maximum tingles.
  Find