Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
First impressions

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Zombie
(08-19-2016, 02:02 PM)Jackimus Wrote: also, was pretty dissappointed that the boss in zozo was not Sabin after seeing him on top of the tower. he'd make a pretty neat recurring boss!

I like this idea.  Will do.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I played through as well and I like the general direction of where it's going. I'm not really an expert on dialogue or character development, so it's hard for me to give a lot of feedback unless you have specific questions.

It's too bad that I never made any notes as I went along, I really should have done that.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
maybe one of us could do a brief stream of the current wip on the channel twitch, and we can collectively make notes as we go? community creativity and all that? idk
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Zombie
(08-19-2016, 08:30 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I like the general direction of where it's going.

Thank you sir.

(08-19-2016, 10:46 PM)Jackimus Wrote: maybe one of us could do a brief stream of the current wip on the channel twitch, and we can collectively make notes as we go? community creativity and all that? idk

I approve of this idea.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
I played a bit of it the other day and enjoyed the changes I saw, I did notice a couple bad tiles going on in the narshe cave I was going to mention, if you don't know about this. One is like right above the door biggs and wedge bust through before the Whelk, and the same spot on the following map. Black tiles that I'm not sure how it could've happened. Vicks taking Terra's spot is interesting, but he has kept the same actions there when talking to Arvis, which felt a bit out of place for him... you might have plans for changing this though since it's early on. I am definitely going to continue on with this hack and give some proper feedback when I get a few days of time to do so. Smile

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I liked the little touch where Arvis took the Slave Crown with him and that's how he fights. Really nice touch.

EDIT: Also, I noticed a little graphical kink during the little moogle battle thing to protect Vicks, it shows Terra instead of Vicks during that scene.

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
i did play this, i have to say its pretty well done, i would draw your attention to a few graphical errors iv seen when i played mainly minor things in some poses and riding sprites like stray pixels. if you want some actual portraits for it id be willing to help

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Playing this demo again here just wanna give a feedback, the scene with Arvis in the beginning where he leaves his house with the crown, it would look cleaner with a fade out there instead of an instant fade to black.

Also, it might be a good idea to add the Slave Crown as a Rare Item, to drive home the point that it's in the inventory (being used by Arvis for Control).

One little thing I noticed also, when the poisoning happens in Doma, one of the new guards that drops dead who took Cyan's place for that event right before the fade out he vanishes/is erased too soon.

Another thing (coming back to post as I wrap this demo up), the Kefka & HeavyArmor formation vs Leo from the Camp is present on the Veldt.

As for first impressions, I'm enjoying the event work you've done to make these changed-up characters work better. It's been an enjoyable experience overall thus far. Really hoping to see more separation from the swapped character's old counterparts, but I understand this hack is very much still under development.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.