Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
First impressions

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Zombie
So, I applied for a subforum since the change of rules.  The application has been accepted, and I've been excited.

Download Demo [apply to FF3us 1.0]

Now, for those who have played it, I ask for feedback.  The hack is nowhere near completion, as it only covers the event hacking, and only covers up to Zozo, but does promise much more. There are a few gameplay changes, but I haven't rewritten monster AI scripts to make use of the new mechanics.

If you haven't played it, it's a slightly different FF6 experience, so go ahead and play it (up to Zozo) and comment here.

Above all, it's a work in progress, and in this forum I will ask story and gameplay questions, and I will implement changes as directed.

Thank you all for the opportunity of a subforum to share work and get feedback.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I had a quick look last week but I'll try to play this up to zozo before giving feedbacks. There's already 2-3 people that played this more seriously and I've heard nice things.

Also, I created a [h] and [nh] patches I've hosted on the forum instead of linking your ROM which is forbidden here. O:

You can host your future patches on mediafire like you did for the ROM. I though it was just quicker this time that I do it myself and link them right away. :)
  Find

Status
Zombie
(08-18-2016, 11:52 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Also, I created a [h] and [nh] patches I've hosted on the forum instead of linking your ROM which is forbidden here. O:

Oops.  My apologies for being a complete scrub at hosting patches.  Thank you for your vigilance, I'll make sure it doesn't happen in the future.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
just been fooling around with it with gratuitous use of tabs. game hangs when I talk to arvis at the returner hideout.

from what I was able to play, ignoring the gameplay itself which you clearly havent worked on much if at all just yet, the AU concept is fairly neat. The dialogue and character personalities are kind of a huge mess at the moment but as a pre-pre-pre-alpha kind of thing thats no big deal yet. battle art for sabin looks pretty awesome. interested in seeing where this mod goes!

EDIT: game only hangs when talking to arvis from below. talking from the left works fine. so, there's something that's probably easily fixed at least.
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jackimus for this post:
  • funkydiscogod (08-19-2016)

Status
Zombie
(08-19-2016, 12:30 AM)Jackimus Wrote: pre-pre-pre-alpha kind of thing thats no big deal yet. battle art for sabin looks pretty awesome. interested in seeing where this mod goes!

EDIT: game only hangs when talking to arvis from below. talking from the left works fine. so, there's something that's probably easily fixed at least.

I have only done dialogue and event hacking so far.  So, yes, pre-pre-pre-alpha is where this hack is at.

This hack is not yet even in a release-candidate stage.  It's available as an "I submitted this for consideration and this is what they approved" stage.

I plan to get community feedback on story and character decisions, that I will implement.

Character/dialogue suggestions are the best ones at this time.

Your edit: you're talking about Arvis at his house in the beginning, or Arvis at the Returners' Hideout, or Arvis on the snowfields, or Arvis in Arvis' House after the snowfield battle?
  Find

Status
Blind
At returners hideout when you need to talk to your party with biggs before talking to bannon.

I finished up to the end of zozo which i guess is as far as youve gotten? lot of neat changes and it shows promise, still clearly a lot of work to do though. ill be following this one as it comes together, I think.
  Find

Status
Zombie
(08-19-2016, 01:41 AM)Jackimus Wrote: zozo which i guess is as far as youve gotten? lot of neat changes and it shows promise

Yes, Zozo is as far as I got.  "Showing promise" is what got me the forum.  I intend to continue.

I'm impressed you got through it in one evening. I took longer.

There is a lot of work yet to do, and I know this.  All suggestions are appreciated.
  Find

Threads: 17
Thanks Received: 0
Status
Sadness
hey

is there story mode changes on this hack and new party members as well
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(08-19-2016, 12:03 PM)Mac68 3000 Wrote: is there story mode changes on this hack and new party members as well

I can answer this one. There are changes to the story and dialogues. Your roster is different though they are not 100% new original characters but more NPCs that become PCs and enemies that change side.
  Find

Status
Blind
(08-19-2016, 02:09 AM)funkydiscogod Wrote:
(08-19-2016, 01:41 AM)Jackimus Wrote: zozo which i guess is as far as youve gotten? lot of neat changes and it shows promise
I'm impressed you got through it in one evening. I took longer.

speedrunner + TAB exists. took like 2 hours, meh

also, was pretty dissappointed that the boss in zozo was not Sabin after seeing him on top of the tower. he'd make a pretty neat recurring boss!
  Find