Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Quote:1: Switchblade: If Locke tries to steal because this item's "Steal" effect triggers, do enemies still do their uber counters?

Nope.

Quote: 2: Do I get AP ("Magic Points") for enemies that are part of my
formation, but escape? For example, a Commando and 2 Foxhounds was worth
2AP to me, but 1 hound escaped. Would I get the same AP had I killed
all the enemies?

Magic point gain is tied to formations instead of enemies, so you'd get the same amount regardless of how the fight ends (assuming you're victorious, of course).

Quote:7: For the airship tutorial, Setzer says, "so help me." So help him... what? So help me... God?

Setzer worships the RNG.

Quote:9: Slot: One time, I used Slot and the slot machine became 777 and
inverted its colors. I pushed A repeatedly and I got "Go Fish." Odd. It
was in Narshe's mines, on the way to find Mog. Gau raged Sand Ray (Sand
Storm) and Cyan had Dispatch going.

Sounds like you overloaded a graphic buffer or something.

Which, come to think of it, might explain any ongoing graphical abnormalities that people who played through earlier versions of the ROM are continuing to experience.

Quote:10: Dual wield glitch? I gave Mog a Full Moon in his right hand (top
slot) then put a Stout Spear in his left hand (second slot from top).

That's intended behavior; you're meant to be able to equip a dual-wield weapon in one hand and a regular one in the other (a sword and dagger with Locke, for example).

Quote:12: Mog: If I use a dance that alters the terrain, then win the battle, I can't learn the dance from the original terrain.

Correct.

Quote:13: Mog: Why can't I learn Earth Blues from the inside of a mountain, but I can from the outside?

Because the native dance of the indoor portions of a mountain stage is the Dusk Requiem.

Quote:15: An Antlion, a low-level creature found around Figaro Castle, can cast Doom. Doom! Why?

Because enemies actually use the attacks that you can rage them for now.

Quote:16: Does Berserk (Bserk) cause someone to activate a random rage? Mog
went berserk then started raging Exocite. Dunno how that happened!

Sounds like he started up Love Sonata or Water Rondo and hit Plasma.

Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
Version 1.0.5 is up. This should fix an issue with a potentially corrupted patch.

I'll have answers to other questions later, when I'm not at work.

Quote:3: Magitek Research Facility (past Number 024): When the purple lights go on during the scene focusing on Celes, Cid, and Kefka, the top right parts of the capsules have a white square that looks like a bug. Reminds me of the minor graphical glitches from previous versions. Also, Sabin (my second party member) was lying face up in the top right corner of the "that's where we stand for this cutscene" platform with the background wall through his leg.

I honestly don't really know what you're getting at here. Do you have a screenshot or a save state I can look at?

Quote:4: Maybe it's my loadout, but at level 21, Edgar the 'tank' has the lowest HP of my would-be front-liners. Celes, Sabin, and even Locke have more HP than Eddy (and Locke is 3 levels lower!) I haven't equipped Phantom and co yet, but maybe I'll make it up soon.

This would be more about how you've built these characters than your loadout (although Edgar's spears do have inherent HP boosts). All HP/MP growth is exactly the same for each character. The differences come with the esper bonuses.

Quote:5: Reentering the Magitek Factory after Number 128 looks like it's kinda thumping to the beat.

That's leftover from the unmodified version. I guess they never expected someone to try to re-enter that dungeon. I don't think I'm terribly inclined to fix it.

Quote:6: In Zozo before Terra rejoins the party, she doesn't ask who Setzer is, why here's there, nor about the very important airship that's hanging out front. I assume the party recaps things for her, but it's never mentioned.

Yeah, the implication is that they catch her up on the airship. It never even occurred to me to beat the player over the head with exposition at that point.

Quote:8: Shop Menus: Being able to see party members who have left the party spoils their return. There's no wondering, "Will X return?" No! I just go to town and see that everyone who's joined me will eventually return. Can you change that?

I probably could change it, but I don't know if I'd want to. There are benefits to being able to see who can equip what even if they're not in your party, and I think that outweighs whatever kind of spoiling their presence on the shop screen entails.

Quote:9: Slot: One time, I used Slot and the slot machine became 777 and inverted its colors. I pushed A repeatedly and I got "Go Fish." Odd. It was in Narshe's mines, on the way to find Mog. Gau raged Sand Ray (Sand Storm) and Cyan had Dispatch going.

I haven't hit Joker Doom in a while, so it's entirely possible something is amiss with it that we never noticed. I'll try and test it out sometime this weekend.

Quote:12: Mog: If I use a dance that alters the terrain, then win the battle, I can't learn the dance from the original terrain.

Yeah. It's always been this way, and I think it makes sense.

Quote:13: Mog: Why can't I learn Earth Blues from the inside of a mountain, but I can from the outside?

Because the inside of a mountain is technically a cave, where, as BTB said, Dusk Requiem is the native dance.

Quote:14: Gau: When Gau returns from a Leap on the Veldt, why does he automatically go to the front row? This happens in FFVI vanilla too. Can we fix it?

I could probably force him to the back row instead, but I don't know how easy/feasible it is to save his row when he leaps and restore it when he returns.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
i have a million dollar question.... is there a way to make it that the character get level bonus's like 1 to magic power ??? and i love this game have got owned 2 times so far, I am loving it
  Find

Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
There is a hack out there that allows you to grant stat bonuses on every level without the benefit of espers, but we chose not to implement it in favor of using espers to allow players to choose their own character growth.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 6
Status
None
I feel that it's important that I ask this question regarding this hack:

Should I talk to everyone at the beginner's school in Narshe?
  Find

Status
None
Quote:I feel that it's important that I ask this question regarding this hack:

Should I talk to everyone at the beginner's school in Narshe

It would probably be a good idea >.>

Status
None
Rar! These are the screenshots describing the GFX from the Magitek Research Facility! (1.0.4)

[Image: Brave%20New%20World%20%28FFVI%20Mod%29_00011.png]
Look at the top right corner of these tubes. There's a small white/gray square that looks out of place.

[Image: Brave%20New%20World%20%28FFVI%20Mod%29_00012.png]
This is another shot of the same area. The squares are still visible.

[Image: Brave%20New%20World%20%28FFVI%20Mod%29_00013.png]
Now the gray-white squares are really visible! Also, Sabin has gone through the railing!

[Image: Brave%20New%20World%20%28FFVI%20Mod%29_00014.png]
More of Sabin through the railing. Also, the squares are still visible.
  Find

Status
None
I'd say it looks like an emulator layering issue, unless you verified that this doesn't happen in an unmodified game.

Status
None
To my vague recollection, this also happened in the SNES version.

Also, what does every stat do? I don't see the importance of a few more points of DEF compared to Evade. I still don't know what Vigor and Stamina do (aside from being 'tanky' and 'monky' and 'dancy' stats). Can I get a thorough analysis?
  Find

Status
None
Defense and evade haven't really changed. Defense lowers damage from all physical attacks that don't ignore it, and each point of evasion is a 1/128 chance to avoid any physical attack that isn't unblockable. Their magical counterparts are the same thing.

Vigor is strength. More vigor = more damage from physical attacks. It does nothing else.

Stamina is a bit more complicated, and is laid out about as thoroughly as possible in the Readme.