Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

06-27-2013, 01:26 AM,
#81
Posts: 288
Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Joined: Apr 2012
Reputation: 9
Status
None
RE: FF6 - Brave New World
Version 1.1.2 is up. As always, bug reports are welcome. Something specifically to look for in this version are weapons/throwables that do not target what it seems like they should by default.


GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find
Quote  

06-28-2013, 05:44 AM,
#82
Posts: 51
Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Joined: May 2013
Reputation: 0
Status
None
RE: FF6 - Brave New World
-1.1.2-

1: The Remedy spell only heals HP if it removes a status effect. Intentional?

2: Using a Chainsaw, Drill, Autocrossbow, or physical Blitz or Slot will break Control, but Aurabolt, Flash, and Bio Blaster won't. Intentional?

3: Why can't I cast Regen on Undead enemies and use it as a DoT (damage over time)?

4: Why does using Osmose on an Undead transfer my MP to it? HP I can understand.

5: Compared to the Dragons I've faced, Inferno is still the longest fight of this game. By far! The Green Dragon was maybe a 15 minute fight with the same crew (Gogo/Strago/Relm/Setzer). If you haven't, drastically reduce Inferno's HP to, say 100K-125K HP.

6: In Kefka's Tower, shouldn't Atma's fight play the Atma Weapon theme?

7: Since Float can affect the party all at once, why doesn't it target my side by default?

8: Shadow's blocking attacks with the Interceptor graphic but Interceptor isn't counterattacking. Ruh?

9: Force Armor negates 50% of Ice/Bolt/Fire. A Force Shield gives auto-Shell. How'zbout renaming things for consistency? ("Shell Shield" fits and works.)

10: In the arena when I fight Shadow, why does he have Scrapper under his name?

11: The Stone condition removes the Float condition. Intentional?

12: If I reenter Kefka's Tower, do all the bosses and switches reset?
  Find
Quote  

06-28-2013, 06:59 AM,
#83
Posts: 288
Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Joined: Apr 2012
Reputation: 9
Status
None
RE: FF6 - Brave New World
(06-28-2013, 05:44 AM)Endarire Wrote: 1: The Remedy spell only heals HP if it removes a status effect. Intentional?

That's odd. I'll take a look at it at some point.

Quote:2: Using a Chainsaw, Drill, Autocrossbow, or physical Blitz or Slot will break Control, but Aurabolt, Flash, and Bio Blaster won't. Intentional?

Sounds about right. Control works like Muddle; physical attacks will break it, while magical attacks will not.

Quote:3: Why can't I cast Regen on Undead enemies and use it as a DoT (damage over time)?

It's just the nature of the effect. You can seizure undead enemies, and it and Regen share a buff slot, so they can't both be active.

Regen's effect scales with stamina, while seizure doesn't, so I think we'll keep it that way.

Quote:7: Since Float can affect the party all at once, why doesn't it target my side by default?

Probably just an omission in the targeting for it.

Quote:8: Shadow's blocking attacks with the Interceptor graphic but Interceptor isn't counterattacking. Ruh?

Yeah, this is unchanged from vanilla. Interceptor has (I believe) a 25% chance to block any attack Shadow evades (so it doesn't add to his evasion), and a further 50% chance from there to activate a counter attack.

Quote:10: In the arena when I fight Shadow, why does he have Scrapper under his name?

This is a bug that existed in the original. You'd normally fight Scrappers when you bet a Striker at the coliseum.

Quote:11: The Stone condition removes the Float condition. Intentional?

Sure. A stone statue would probably be a bit too heavy to float.

Quote:12: If I reenter Kefka's Tower, do all the bosses and switches reset?

The switches reset, but any boss you've already killed will stay dead.


GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find
Quote  

06-28-2013, 09:21 AM,
#84
Posts: 245
Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Joined: Jun 2013
Reputation: 6
Status
None
RE: FF6 - Brave New World
(06-28-2013, 05:44 AM)Endarire Wrote: 3: Why can't I cast Regen on Undead enemies and use it as a DoT (damage over time)?

It would appear that this was the intention of the original developers, which is why several undead enemies in the unmodded game have inherent seizure.

That said, I have no desire to change it.

(06-28-2013, 05:44 AM)Endarire Wrote: 4: Why does using Osmose on an Undead transfer my MP to it? HP I can understand.

All drain effects reverse on the undead. It's always been that way and is consistent throughout the series.

(06-28-2013, 05:44 AM)Endarire Wrote: If you haven't, drastically reduce Inferno's HP to, say 100K-125K HP.

Inferno has ~120,000 HP, which is lower than all of the other KT bosses (besides the Gold/Green Dragons).

(06-28-2013, 05:44 AM)Endarire Wrote: 7: Since Float can affect the party all at once, why doesn't it target my side by default?

I could make it do that, I guess.

(06-28-2013, 05:44 AM)Endarire Wrote: 9: Force Armor negates 50% of Ice/Bolt/Fire. A Force Shield gives auto-Shell. How'zbout renaming things for consistency? ("Shell Shield" fits and works.)

It's already consistent, since I didn't rename the Genji Armor to Safety Armor.

And if I *did* have Safety Armor, it would put the wearer into inherent dance status.
Quote  

06-28-2013, 12:33 PM,
#85
Posts: 92
Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 9
Joined: May 2013
Reputation: 4
Status
None
RE: FF6 - Brave New World
Quote: And if I *did* have Safety Armor, it would put the wearer into inherent dance status.

And that's why you're the best.


Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find
Quote  

07-01-2013, 04:09 AM,
#86
Posts: 51
Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Joined: May 2013
Reputation: 0
Status
None
RE: FF6 - Brave New World
-=1.1.2=-

1: The Remedy spell only cures HP if it removes a status effect. (Menu only!) It restores HP regardless in battle.

2: Is Zombie meant to prevent Rerise?

3: Are enemies naturally prone to target Cyan? He's been my dedicated aggro puller on accident!

4: Should Edgar's Jump take less time to complete than Gogo's? (Their speed is 1 apart; 46 vs 47.)

5: When the Remedy spell removes the Stone condition, should that person also get HP? (Now, the amount healed is 0.)

6: Why doesn't Blowfish/Blow Fish wake up the target?

7: What are the advantages of surrounding a target? At least late game, enemies can hit my entire team anyway, and I can't heal my entire team.

8: What determines if a Slow spell affects a target? (Assume Reflect isn't a problem and I have enough MP.)

9: Strago has a Sage Stone relic equipped. He can't use his esper with X Magic. (It simply doesn't show up at the top of the list.)

10: Since the Remedy spell cures Imp, can we allow Remedy to be cast while Imped?
  Find
Quote  

07-01-2013, 05:30 AM,
#87
Posts: 288
Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Joined: Apr 2012
Reputation: 9
Status
None
RE: FF6 - Brave New World
Quote:1: The Remedy spell only cures HP if it removes a status effect. (Menu only!) It restores HP regardless in battle.

That's fine. It's not really meant as a healing spell, moreso as a status restoring spell with a small heal attached.

Quote:2: Is Zombie meant to prevent Rerise?

Rerise only works when you die. Becoming a zombie doesn't count as dying.

Quote:3: Are enemies naturally prone to target Cyan? He's been my dedicated aggro puller on accident!

Nope.

Quote:4: Should Edgar's Jump take less time to complete than Gogo's? (Their speed is 1 apart; 46 vs 47.)

Nope.

Quote:5: When the Remedy spell removes the Stone condition, should that person also get HP? (Now, the amount healed is 0.)

That's because Stone prevents all HP (and probably MP) changes to those afflicted. Evidently the healing part of Remedy gets resolved first. I'm actually fine with that.

Quote:6: Why doesn't Blowfish/Blow Fish wake up the target?

Because it's not a physical attack.

Quote:7: What are the advantages of surrounding a target? At least late game, enemies can hit my entire team anyway, and I can't heal my entire team.

Physical attacks do double damage when hitting an enemy in the back.

We're fully aware that side attacks are both a blessing and a curse, as well. There are ways to heal both sides of your party in these cases; namely, pretty much any heal that isn't cast through the Magic command.

Quote:8: What determines if a Slow spell affects a target? (Assume Reflect isn't a problem and I have enough MP.)

Stamina will defend against Slow. I believe Slow has a 25% chance to miss on bosses. It will miss 100% of the time if the boss has inherent Haste (that is, it starts combat with it). If it has simply buffed itself with Haste over the course of combat, Slow will overwrite Haste.

Quote:9: Strago has a Sage Stone relic equipped. He can't use his esper with X Magic. (It simply doesn't show up at the top of the list.)

This was present in vanilla. It's probably a shoddy workaround to prevent double-casting espers.

Quote:10: Since the Remedy spell cures Imp, can we allow Remedy to be cast while Imped?

Probably not. Imp is supposed to be fairly debilitating, and allowing someone access to Remedy while imped sort of works against that.


GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find
Quote  

07-01-2013, 11:45 PM,
#88
Posts: 288
Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Joined: Apr 2012
Reputation: 9
Status
None
RE: FF6 - Brave New World
Version 1.1.3 is up. There was a problem with 1.1.2 where the new brush targeting didn't actually get applied, so now is the time to look for what I mentioned in my last update post.


GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find
Quote  

07-02-2013, 05:40 AM,
#89
Posts: 51
Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Joined: May 2013
Reputation: 0
Status
None
RE: FF6 - Brave New World
-=1.1.3=-

1: When Cyan dreams a dream, must I wait for Cyan to finish moving before I can enter doors and otherwise continue?

2: The Succubus and Lilith enemies look exactly alike. Intentional?

3: Why does a Succubus have an attack called Science that blinds the foe?

4: Wrexsoul: I didn't understand this in the vanilla game either, but I thought he was meant to possess party members. He didn't do it here, either. Oh well.

5: The Stooges. Well done! Thankee!

6: Why is the Atma Weapon's battle power listed as "???"? (Push A on the Item menu.)

7: What determines if Cyan's Cleave is successful?

8: Can we move the airship unequip guy next to where I start when I change party members? Running downstairs then upstairs always takes longer.
  Find
Quote  

07-02-2013, 09:51 AM,
#90
Posts: 92
Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 9
Joined: May 2013
Reputation: 4
Status
None
RE: FF6 - Brave New World
Quote: 3: Why does a Succubus have an attack called Science that blinds the foe?

I can only assume because of this.


Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find
Quote  



Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Theme by Madsiur2017Custom Graphics by JamesWhite