Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(12-19-2015, 12:24 AM)kingcharlesiii Wrote: So I have never played FF6. I'm happy to say that I haven't spoiled any of it for myself and I am looking forward to playing it this winter break.

Would anyone here recommend this to a first time player? I like the idea of class specialization and not feeling pressure to LL until espers. I'm not sure if this mod changes the story or has any other drastic changes that might make it better to play the original version first.

Hello there! Well, I'd have to recommend playing the original first, just to say you have crossed that important milestone in life lol. I doubt you'd want to play the original after having played this hack first, as I'm pretty sure you'd have a much more enjoyable time with Brave New World in the long run, but without knowing what was changed from the original it'd be hard to respect and distinguish the changes and work between the two is my main concern.

This is just my opinion of course and if you're only going to have the time, patience and drive to play one, you'd most likely want to go with BNW. And yes I'd recommend this hack over any others for a first time go as it sticks to the original game but improves on it in many ways. From what I've seen though there is quite a lot of personalized dialogue and the like that strays from Woolsey's light-hearted translation, at times, so again, without knowing the original game first you might miss out on some humor or be surprised at some dialogue that originally would be much different, which isn't a problem but it's nice to know what the NPC said in the original.

I'm sure you are aware of the GBA version of FF6, it has a ton of extra content and a better translation, it would also be a great candidate for 1st time play. I'm more of a fan of the original one myself, for some reason.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I'll second Nattak's post. BNW is probably the only hack in general (all games, not just FF6) that I'd recommend to somebody that hasn't played the original. That being said, even if somebody doggedly insists that I play a hack before the original, I never actually do it. Laugh I guess since you're asking in the first place you won't have a problem with it though.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Brave New World version 1.7.0 is finally out after a 4-month beta cycle. You can find patch notes and a download link here:

http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/in...available/

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
And now we await the inevitable bugfix release.

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I should really get back to playing this... last time the current version was 1.0.X >.>
  Find

Status
None
Yeah, I recall watching your video and realizing that Banon's codpiece was giving him inherent Safe and Shell.

Status
None
1.7.1 is up. See this post regarding updating from a previous 1.7 version:

http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/in..._p__138099

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Distill-Power
This hack seems interesting.

Sadly, having not played FFVI for that matter might result in not downloading it Sad soz
  Find

Status
None
What brings you to FF6Hacking if you've never played the game before?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-09-2016, 10:22 PM)BTB Wrote: What brings you to FF6Hacking if you've never played the game before?

He's just here for the free 2$ GameStop coupon on old games you can get by mail when registering on the site and subscribing to the FF6hacking newsletter.
  Find