Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Yeah, I guess you could just reroute the Control function to call the Magicite command. Seems easy enough.

Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
I don't like the idea of yet another source of random esper summons. I think keeping Control around would be a better option, and would see more use.

If we were to implement a different form of summon, I'd want it to be more like Rydia's; exceptionally powerful but will tear through her MP in no time. Even then, I don't know if I want any form of summon in the game beyond what's already present.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
I think the main problem with random esper summons is that they're too random to be very useful (the magicite item is actually quite shitty, I think), and so I'd actually say that the only thing making a Summon skill useful would be the *lack* of a cost.

If Summon's out... I honestly have no idea what to do with Control except get rid of it and keep the spare slot around in case we want to use it for something later.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Erm... So I finally beat Kefka (after entirely too many tries... Gau/Relm/Strago/Edgar is an odd party to try that battle with, not sure what I was thinking) and I've been sitting at The End for a bit now, hoping for a password but no dice. Did I miss something?

Edit: Got it figured out. Thanks BTB. And again, great hack guys, I had a lot of fun and I'll be going through it again soon (after a quick break for the FF5 4 job fiesta).
  Find

Status
None
Glad you enjoyed it. I keep meaning to finish the documentation in the Unlockme, but I'm kind of taking a bit of a break myself at the moment.

(And now I really want to change the ending text >.<)

Status
None
Version 1.1.4 is up.

One of the intended fixes was to prevent characters using True Knight relics (Knight Cape and Hero Ring) from covering allies you're trying to heal with a brush attack, but it didn't make it in to this version. It's still on my to-do list, but no ETA yet.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 13
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
Any dialogue changes?
  Find

Status
None
In 1.1.4, no. Overall, yeah. From the Readme:

Quote:The third half of this mod (math isn't my strong suit) is the dialogue/script, which was a joint effortbetween the two of us. The goal wasn't so much to change anything as it was to enhance what was already there. We aimed to preserve the areas of the original Ted Woolsey translation that actually worked while making what didn't more faithful to the original Japanese. In addition to this, we've further built upon existing characterization and storylines in a manner that will hopefully blend in seamlessly with the original and avoid an "obvious fan translation" feel (at least in the parts that were taken seriously).

I guess I could make mention of that in the initial post.

I will say the most criticism we've gotten for this mod has been our dialogue changes; more specifically, the fact that we included some swearing seems to make some people uncomfortable, but it's gotten to the point that I want to release a clean version at some point.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 13
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
Thank you, I'll give the game a try then because it seems like a good challenge to my ability to playing the game.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Oh, I would be a big fan of the clean version. Then I wouldn't feel awkward sending it out to all of my younger cousins. Tongue It's down to personal preference though, and I definitely see where you're coming from.

I do like that Relm's joking has more of an edge to it, but I think part of the problem for me is that modern swearing doesn't fit the image I've built up in my head about the language/dialog and story. I think the other part of it is that it's a little like Hit Girl from the movie Kickass, where it's just shocking and weird to hear that language come out of the mouth of a 10 year old. If she grew up in the World of Ruin I could see a reason for the harsh language, but she's lived in a pretty good environment in the World of Balance (minus losing her parents, I guess) with no role model who could have taught her to speak that way. The attitude could have developed from just being a genius upstart kid, but the words she uses don't really fit I guess?

Anyway, I'm sure you've heard most of that before. One bug I just remembered was another one with the Phoenix esper. I already mentioned that it pretty reliably caused Setzer to walk forward when he casts it from his slots but not to return back to his normal position (which was pretty funny in that one battle where I happened to get Phoenix twice and he ended up hanging out inside the boss for the rest of the battle). The other thing I noticed was that both times he used it, no one was dead so it basically did nothing (as it should), but Setzer and Strago both blocked two things during the animation. They had higher magic evade, so my guess is that them blocking was because of that, but I have no idea what they were blocking or why it triggered twice. I know you mentioned some of the espers are glitchy, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.
  Find