Obliviscence
How is everyone's sprites coming along?
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Haven't started yet. I meant to start last weekend, but ended up having to juggle my schedule a little.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Double
I've gotten all the standing poses finished. Tomorrow I'll make my sprite animate properly.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Great to hear!

So far this is shaping up to be a REALLY easy contest to judge. Who else was working on sprites? Remember, the cutoff is THIS WEDNESDAY.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
Ive been busy with a lot of streaming stuff over the weekend, but I plan on doing my entry tomorrow, so uh basically at the last minute I guess haha
  Find

Status
Double
Mwahaha, everybody better prepare to lose the contest now!

[Image: 2b290e4b46.png]
My first sprite ever. Tongue

I wanted to give him a longcoat sort of thing.  Unfortunately, while brown was probably the best colour thematically, that only gave me two colours to work with for the coat (which really sucked).  I also had no clue how to improve the hat.  It's a little... square... looking, but I wasn't sure how to do it better.  I also felt like the front and back animations move back and forth a bit too much, but it was hard to show the motion otherwise because his feet are entirely covered.  Or maybe he doesn't have feet, who knows? Wink

I'm not sure what the device on his back is exactly, but then again I have no clue what half the machinery did in the "steampunk" pictures I saw on Google.  So it's faithful to the genre, I guess?  Whatever it is, it spews steam as the character walks.  I only used the 12 colours for a PC in this picture, mostly because the remaining colours weren't helpful anyways.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Obliviscence
I've seen a heck of a lot worse sprites. That's actually really impressive for a first sprite! I like the goggles and steampunk backpack-type-thing. Good design!

LAST DAY FOR SUBMISSIONS PEOPLE! You all asked for this contest, and so far picking the winners will be really easy. So get to work!
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
I decided to extend the deadline until next Friday, August 12. So you still have a chance to make an awesome steampunk sprite! I want to see our spriters at work! We've got a lot of talent on the site and we want them here!

Out of curiosity... for those who asked for a spriting contest and have not yet made a sprite, what kept you from participating? time, interest? Was the steampunk theme not appealing? Were you hoping for an open format where you can submit any sprite? were you more interested in creating a single sprite without requiring all the back/side/walking animations? My goal is to get people involved, so if something I am doing is keeping you from doing that, I want to know what it is. So speak up! These events are for you guys!

Happy Hacking!
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
(08-05-2016, 07:32 AM)B-Run Wrote: Was the steampunk theme not appealing? Were you hoping for an open format where you can submit any sprite?

That was it for me, pretty much. I have nothing against steampunk but it was something I wasn't interested in doing.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I would have LOVED to participate but alas still no equipment to work with Sad

awesome spritework though guys keep it up

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC