Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MMMMMMMagic update

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Some people might prefer if you made it an optional side patch to the main patch. But what do I know.

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
I'm curious as to what would happen if you equipped an item that taught a spell, while earning Magic Points while equipped with an Esper that taught the spell.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(09-23-2016, 09:57 AM)Scorcher Wrote: Some people might prefer if you made it an optional side patch to the main patch. But what do I know.

You know what you want, which is a good thing!

Just to clarify, learning magic from equipment is non-existent in 2.0, this would be bonus functionality that was nothing before.

That being said: The added functionality of putting that in wouldn't break anything existing, and if you didn't want to have a spell from a weapon you could remove the spell from the weapon in usME, or use the 2.0 version instead of the 2.1 version. But I'll take it into consideration.

(09-23-2016, 10:40 AM)Turbotastic Wrote: I'm curious as to what would happen if you equipped an item that taught a spell, while earning Magic Points while equipped with an Esper that taught the spell.

Like I said above: currently, equipment can't teach you anything, so in 2.0 it would do nothing. With the "solution" I'm suggesting here, it wouldn't set the "known" bit for the magic, but rather add the spell to the list later on down the line, so you would still be able to learn the spell from Espers normally, while simultaneously having the spell available from having the equipment set.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
(09-23-2016, 11:20 AM)B-Run Wrote:
(09-23-2016, 09:57 AM)Scorcher Wrote: Some people might prefer if you made it an optional side patch to the main patch. But what do I know.

You know what you want, which is a good thing!

(09-23-2016, 10:40 AM)Turbotastic Wrote: I'm curious as to what would happen if you equipped an item that taught a spell, while earning Magic Points while equipped with an Esper that taught the spell.

Like I said above: currently, equipment can't teach you anything, so in 2.0 it would do nothing. With the "solution" I'm suggesting here, it wouldn't set the "known" bit for the magic, but rather add the spell to the list later on down the line, so you would still be able to learn the spell from Espers normally, while simultaneously having the spell available from having the equipment set.

I like the way you think. Of course, someone could always go further from your solution and have Esper magic work that way...as in add the spell an Esper teaches as being "available" while equipped but still learning it normally until it is fully learned (similar to FF9 and FFTA).

Yes, that's outside the scope of your project...and somebody has probably already done this.  It's just an idle thought.
  Find