Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Youtube Channel

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
[Image: vzbanKS.png]

We have set a new Youtube channel for the forum! We'll use it for tutorials, stream playbacks and other thing related to FF6 modding. While upload priviledges are limited to admins, we hope this will be a channel to feature and showcase the work of everyone and well as democratizing different aspect of the game modification. This is why everyone can and his encouraged to submit the following types of video to be hosted on the channel:
  • Tutorial (with comments)
  • Tutorial (with subs)
  • Full hack teaser
  • Specific hack, hack feature or patch showcase
  • Music creation (ROM hacking)
  • Sprite showcase
  • Hack review (preferably with comments)
  • Utility showcase / review / tutorial
  • Any of the above content for other Final Fantasy games or retro console RPG

What is not yet decide is if we want to host commented hack playthrough / LPs mainly because there are already many on Youtube. However if we have something well done and interesting in this category, we'll probably go with it.

We suggest for recording (other than emulator footage) to aim for 720p but nothing below 480p. We'll most likely not accept bad quality videos. If you are interested in submitting one in a near or more distant future, please send a private message to either @"Gi Nattak" or @Jameswhite89 with the following: link to raw / lossless video, description (mandatory) and relevant link(s) (optional). You can also send a link to a custom YT thumbnail if you want (image of 1280x720 preferably).

We are hoping this channel will grow with time and that it will become a complementary resource to the forum.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Nice! I'm thinking about making some tutorials for this channel at some point as well.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Nice, i believe that 4 of my videos meet the requirements to be submitted:
- Ultimate Czar Dragon final version (trailer)
- Custom desperation attacks(hack features)
- CotG Ragtime Mouse test(hack features)
- CotG blue and green chocobo(hack features)

Unfortunately i still own the raw mp4 only of the last 2 videos, do you think that if i extract those missing videos from my channel with an online video converter their video quality might be acceptable, at least?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Tenkarider Wrote:Unfortunately i still own the raw mp4 only of the last 2 videos, do you think that if i extract those missing videos from my channel with an online video converter their video quality might be acceptable, at least?

You should try with Youtube Downloader HD. For strict emulator footage, the lowest acceptable is 360p. However this would not be sufficient for a desktop recording like a tutorial. Try the utility with a high resolution first, if it can't be downloaded in 720p, it will go to 480p then 360p and so on.

For future video, note that zsnes can record in x264, AVI and others lossless format that I can't remember. I'm not sure about other emulators, though I remember snes9x can record lossless AVI. If someone has a good emulator recording setup, please share it. It's always better in my opinion to record directly from the emulator in lossless format than recording your screen in low quality. We don't care if the size of the video is native 256x224 or 1024x896, it makes no difference in Youtube since it will resize the video to fit on screen (if I remember right).

Anyone wanting to do videos for the channel and is unsure how to proceed should read about what is the best emulator footage recording setup and same for recording / streaming utilities like OBS which I highly recommend for tutorials and that can also do an excellent gameplay recorder if it's setup properly.

Finally, on four videos you could maybe do an ff6hacking exclusivity instead of exclusively recycling your old videos. (joke that is a joke but not really one at the same time) :p
  Find