Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
B-run's Hacking Tutorials

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
[Image: a1y0LS1.png]

The sixth stream hosted by @"B-Run" will take place Thursday, May 12th from 9:30 - 11:00 PM EST [UTC -5:00]. If you are unsure of the precise time because of your timezone, there's an official counter here.

Stream address: https://www.twitch.tv/b_run_

It's still not defined what the next stream topics will be. B-Run probably has an idea but nothing official has been announced.

The stream will also be recorded to be put on the FF6hacking.com Youtube channel later for those who can't check the stream live.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Hey Guys! Really looking forward to the first stream tomorrow night! Here's where you can tune in:

Where: https://www.twitch.tv/b_run_
When: Thursday March 24th, 2016 at 9:30 - 11:00 pm EST [UTC -5:00]
How: Ummm... with a computer (Really? you need to ask this?)

This week:
We are going to be going through the Desperation Attack coding and seeing what we can do to make the system usable. I don't have a set plan of attack, meaning we are going to be making this up as we go along on the stream!  There is basically no prerequisite knowledge needed as I will be explaining just about everything I'm doing; this will be great for both veterans and new hackers alike. Viewer participation is greatly appreciated. You're idea might go into the patch! Looking forward to spending some time with the community, come out and join us!

Happy Hacking!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Very nice stream yesterday! I think a lot of people enjoyed it! : )

If I can suggest a few minor things, I got four:

1) Using an assembler

At least once, even if it's just to show an example how to use one for an lengthy ASM edit, it would be a good idea for people who never used one. For small edit Hex editor is probably faster and you're more used to this method anyway.

2) Trying bsnes+

I think this debugger while having less secondary features is good for main features and the windows are independent from each others, meaning it could be an interesting option for you visual setup. Not sure if it has features like palette dumper and such. It's also more stable than snes9x. Maybe it worth a try for one stream at least?

3) Covering events

This is not really something to improve but more an aspect of hacking to cover in the future since it's a big part of modifying the game like ASM.

4) Using the wiki RAM map

The RAM map I've put together is outdated, Everything has contributed to one on the hacking wiki that is far more complete. Might be a better idea to show this instead of the .txt file.

Aside of that, a little bit more of general preparation like it was discussed but nothing too prepared that would disallow people to suggest things.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • B-Run (03-25-2016)

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Thanks for the tips! I will definitely be looking into assemblers and bsnes a bit more when i have time... I didn't even know we had another RAM map Sweat. That would be fantastic if there's a better one! Will definitely use it next time!

Had to crop the video cause i started recording before i started the stream... and when i reencoded it didn't preserve the quality and came out blurry... doing it again now from the RAW specifically for HQ... so it'll be a few hours before I can get it up. Might not have time to upload to youtube today, but will do my best.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-25-2016, 11:52 AM)B-Run Wrote: [...] so it'll be a few hours before I can get it up. Might not have time to upload to youtube today, but will do my best.

There's no rush. Quality before "deadline" (and there isn't even one).

Edit: if losing quality when converting persist, you could send me the raw file and I could convert and edit it with Adobe After Effect.
  Find