Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hovercraft Operator / coder wanted!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
[Image: matrix.png]

FF6hacking.com is seeking an Operator to help decryption of the Matrix and eventually working on verifying the hypothesis that the real world is just another matrix set by the Architect for those who refuse the first one...

Seriously we are seeking help with the forum coding. I'm the only one who can work with the templates, PHP and CSS files and am posting this announcement because I'd like to spare some free time on my projects and there is too much to do on the forum because it was neglected for a very long time. The person must have a minimum web pages coding experience (on his own or because of his daytime job). More precisely the candidate would work first on one project with me. The person should stick until the base of the first project is done, otherwise it's pretty useless to apply. If the candidate wants to stick longer, he could work on project #2, #3, #4 or #5 also in tandem with me but with a bigger autonomy hopefully.

What you would not do: moderation or anything not involving CSS, HTML, template or PHP coding. It's obviously not a paid position. It might be temporary or more long term, this depends of how long the person wants to stick with us but on an infinite timeline we will run out of coding projects eventually. Smile

Please share this info with people who you might think would be interested if you know any! You can send me a pm with your skills/experience if you are interested or post in the thread. I will not choose anyone until March 1st. If at that date nobody applied I will choose the first person that has the basic required skills. This offer is available as long as nobody is selected or until I've got most of the work covered myself, in a distant future...

Possible Projects:

1) Implementing a mobile theme (Install and tweak MyBB-GoMobile)
2) Random FFIX theme (main theme) tweaks for different functionalities.
3) Work on the submission system (PHP knowledge required)
4) Museum coding (still to be defined)
5) Add user customization options for the main theme (PHP knowledge required).

Skills researched

Required:

- HTML knowledge
- CSS (basic/good knowledge)
- Minimum Skype availability (or other chat engine)

Extra (not mandatory but will help you):

- Javascript (basic knowledge)
- PHP (basic/good knowledge)
- MyBB engine structure (templates knowledge)
- Good web coding practices (e.g. Bootstrap framework knowledge)
- Any other programming experience
- Final Fantasy love in general
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
@m06 offered his help. He has already started to work on the mobile theme. There's already a decent part of it functional, the main challenges are incorporating custom pages and plugins like the shoutbox and keep the lightweight approach that is already in the theme.

Unless you really want to get involved in the site coding, I would consider this announcement closed unless m06 resign. Note that as a non-coder if you want to help, the wiki and museum projects could get some needed love!
  Find