Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: Custom Items

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Hello, this is a very nice patch, however I'm attempting to change the Smoke Bomb item to a Throw item and as expected, it cast fire1 on the party. Sorry for my ignorance but...anyone know where I can change Throw spells and what index number is the smoke bomb spell? I couldn't find any of this in FF3usME so I suspect this is all gonna be hex edited. Thanks.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Yes, some hex editing is required. Some slightly advanced hex editing actually.

The list first list of commands that need their spells calculated (starting somewhere other than Fire1) is at C2/4E3C in the disassembly. This list is called from C2//4E15.

The second list is for what the starting spell number is. This list is at C2/4E41 and called from
C2/4E1D.

Since Throw command doesn't already have a calculated spell listing in the two tables, you'll need to relocate and expand the second list, then expand the first list using the freed space. Then change the value at C2/4E13 (normally: A2 04 hex values) to check for 05 listings in the tables instead of only 04.

It's not really advanced ASM work, but slightly advanced compared to using usME. Maybe someone else can hook you up with a more complete tutorial if these instructions don't make sence.

Good luck.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
Not sure if I'm reading this correctly but you can make a custom spell  (animation of smoke bomb) and change skean's spell power to that skill.  (In Example: Fire skean.. under items spell power make it like 81 to use its default animation...  leaving it "0" will cast fire) Or if you don't care about animation... you can use the spell warp.

of course this is a short cut method if you have extra spell space.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
Not sure if I patched this right, but I noticed my items are acting a bit weird.

1. Tested antidote and now I can use it on all characters that aren't even poisoned.  In vanilla, the screen will shake a bit and not allow it.

2.  Sleeping bag doesn't revive my person from wounded.  It shows their health full but still stays grey and wounded.

Not really a big deal.. just something I noticed so far.

* Another problem I noticed so far is that my skeans aren't showing up properly in the Vargas battle.  No animation is played but it certainly does damage.  Haven't tested on other bosses yet.

edit: just tested on final kefka and the custom skeans work just fine..  (must be something in the vargas battle with the bears affecting it?)
  Find

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
Quote:1. Tested antidote and now I can use it on all characters that aren't even poisoned.  In vanilla, the screen will shake a bit and not allow it.

It is correct. The check of the character status was abolished in items usage. Otherwise, you could only use antidote if the character has the poison status. Even if you change the item data of antidote to heal HP/MP or cure other status, it will refuse to be used in the default game unless the character has the poison status.

Without the check, antidote can be redesigned to be used for another purpose instead of to cure poison only.

Quote:2.  Sleeping bag doesn't revive my person from wounded.  It shows their health full but still stays grey and wounded.

Sleeping Bag has hard coded features. It is somehow linked with the tent usage with save points. If you can edit another common item, like antidote, with your new sleeping bag data and it works as intended, the hard coded settings for the sleeping bag item slot must be interfering. You will need to do assembler modifications to fix that or use another item without hard coded settings.

Quote:* Another problem I noticed so far is that my skeans aren't showing up properly in the Vargas battle.  No animation is played but it certainly does damage.  Haven't tested on other bosses yet.

The Vargas battle is a special battle. While the bodyguards/bears are active, he can't be targeted. Perhaps, it is the issue.

You can try to put inside the Vargas script a opcode to make it target-able. Check the FB opcode for the monster scripts here.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to HatZen08 for this post:
  • Badass (04-02-2016)

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
As far as patches go i was wondering if anyone thought about making a patch for creating a relic or special armor to be invincible even to ignore defense attacks and magic. would love to see if someone can possibly do this which would be perfect for my game especially since i added the 4 bosses u normally cant fight in the game. siegfried(coliseum),chupon(coliseum),kaiser dragon and colossus as rear battles in kefka's tower(each with maxed cap hp/mp and automatically revive with life 3 with half of their hp back which makes them each with almost 100,000 hp as i set life with adding half hp since i can't edit 24 bit hp with an editor) and if u can beat them u can win an immortal ring which is a rare win drop since i don't know how to add sprites for optional boss battles to have them give it to u as a common drop. as kefka's tower has been changed with almost all boss battles from the beginning until kefka's tower with the exception of guardian and the statues as i added guardian as the machine god.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Hello. Been using this patch for a while, and it's awesome, but I found a significant issue with the Elixir item. Apparently, the "Max out" flag doesn't work properly, and instead only heals one point of MP. That's right, it only heals MP if both the HP and MP flags are active. Unchecking the MP flag makes it heal HP, but both do not work together apparently. What could be causing this issue?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kugawattan for this post:
  • HatZen08 (05-23-2017)

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Cool, I can use this for my hack.
  Find

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
wiki link: Custom Items 1.2

I updated the wiki with a bug fix for the mentioned bug.

Inside battle, the issue was that the multiplier for consumable common items was implemented as an special effect ($11A9) and it overwrites any present item special effect, like the special effects for magicite, elixir, smoke bomb, etc.

I added a check to determinate if the common item has an special effect. If it is true, it will not be overwritten. Only items without special effect will have the multiplier effect.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to HatZen08 for this post:
  • Kugawattan (05-23-2017)

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Assigned "Revenger" spell to the Debilitator tool, but now it automatically kills any enemy on a successful hit. Tried many other spells; no matter what, it always kills the enemy instantly. In fact, *any* spell that has the extra effect of "Debilitator" in USME will always auto-kill, rather than assigning a random element as a weakness like it should. Has anyone experienced this, & might you know where the Debilitator's function code is in hex numbers?
Update: Never mind. I used Assassin's C2 disassembly doc to locate the Debilitator specs & discovered some patch changes something in there, most likely as an unwanted side effect w/o the author's knowledge (not the Custom Items patch.) If I find out which patch it is, I'll let you know.
  Find