Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(09-14-2016, 07:04 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: What NPC bits are free to use for this?

1F2E:1 to 1F4F:7 are not used. There are probably others but this range is safe.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • DrakeyC (09-14-2016)

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 42
Status
None
I did it. I don't know how on God's good Earth but I figured it out on my first attempt! Replaced the short action queue to make the party face forward at the very end of Cyan's scenario with DA 71 (easy place to put it, the loss of the party facing forward is laughable). Set the NPC to 1F2E, bit 1, in LE... there he is. Play through Cyan's soul, he appears afterward. The only error I made was a FF instead of FE in my changed end to the event, meh.

I have no idea how I figured it out and got it right on my first attempt to pull it off, but I feel f**k**g awesome now. Woohoo... thanks Madsiur. You roxxor.

I got a glitch report that when any enemy uses an item, on the party or themselves, the item restores 0 HP and MP. What would cause that?
  Find

Status
None
Another glitch report. Somehow, someone achieved a glitch where a relic they have is like the Sketch glitch, as in it shows up as them having 0 in the menu but they have 255. This occured before Vector though so Sketch isn't the culprit, and I've no idea what could do this.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(09-14-2016, 09:09 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: I got a glitch report that when any enemy uses an item, on the party or themselves, the item restores 0 HP and MP. What would cause that?

Give details. Item ID, modified item properties, is the item supposed to give HP AND MP, if so how much, ASM changes if any, etc. We are not soothsayers.

(09-16-2016, 06:33 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: Another glitch report. Somehow, someone achieved a glitch where a relic they have is like the Sketch glitch, as in it shows up as them having 0 in the menu but they have 255. This occured before Vector though so Sketch isn't the culprit, and I've no idea what could do this.

Give details. Item ID, how is the relic obtained (chest, event, drop), how many are you supposed to have? 1 or 255? Can you equip it? does any game modification touch or modify SRAM inventory range?

I got an idea for a starter, fix that 3.3 MB patch of yours and the glitches would probably diminish.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Having seen the video in question, I can answer a few of those for the second issue. The item ID is 179, it can be equipped, and they appear to have 256 of them (equipping it reduces the count to 55, presumably cutting off the 2). The video doesn't show how the user received the item, since the person reporting it didn't notice until they were shopping later.
  Find

Status
None
(09-16-2016, 10:57 AM)Madsiur Wrote: Give details. Item ID, modified item properties, is the item supposed to give HP AND MP, if so how much, ASM changes if any, etc. We are not soothsayers

I got an idea for a starter, fix that 3.3 MB patch of yours and the glitches would probably diminish.

The item is any item. Potion, Tonic, Tincture.

For some reason the desktop patch was corrupted, I made the patch and saved it to a new location, it's 1.3. Not that it'll help the glitches since the folks on the Fimfiction group are playing off a preprepared Rom...

(09-16-2016, 12:30 PM)Rydel Wrote: Having seen the video in question, I can answer a few of those for the second issue.  The item ID is 179, it can be equipped, and they appear to have 256 of them (equipping it reduces the count to 55, presumably cutting off the 2).  The video doesn't show how the user received the item, since the person reporting it didn't notice until they were shopping later.

At a quick glance it seems the Trueform Pin cannot be stolen from any enemy seen up to that point, so I'm not sure how they got so many.

Someone else has reported the glitch has happened to other equip items, IDs are 63, 77 and 72, all equipable weapons. I've asked for details on how. There seems to be no pattern to them that I can discern in terms of how they are acquired.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
any graphic glitch/weird animation in battle? that might be a sign of Sketch-like bugs
ever used any special attack animation # above ~40?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(09-16-2016, 06:32 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: The item is any item. Potion, Tonic, Tincture.

You should check when a monster use an item that the code runs through the C2/2A37 routine and if it behave as expected (code is well documented). Debugging time!

(09-16-2016, 06:32 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Someone else has reported the glitch has happened to other equip items, IDs are 63, 77 and 72, all equipable weapons.

I don't think the problem is SRAM writing or reading offsets because all items could be affected. Maybe the game writes an $FF in the item SRAM byte at some point. I also don't know the equip scenarios or item obtaining scenarios in FF6 code where you can end up with a $FF by starting an operation with 0, adding 1 to either 0 or another value or doing 0 minus 1.
  Find

Status
None
(09-16-2016, 07:00 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: ever used any special attack animation # above ~40?

Nope.

One person believes the event occurred somewhere at Zozo up to the Magitek Factory. I've just finished Jidoor in my playthrough, I'll play through stuff and keep an eye on my items.

EDIT - Rom crashes when run from Play File folder, runs fine on Desktop. Does ZSNES have some sort of Rom memory cache or something I should clear that is causing these glitches, where the Rom runs differently when opened from a different location?

*sigh* I am so ready to finish this project. I'm just so tired with dealing with the nonsensical glitches and the constant playtesting.

EDIT x2 - Nope, no item problems. I'll handle the enemy item stuff tomorrow because I have no idea how to debug that and no energy to try and figure it out atm.
  Find

Status
None
Okay, a playtester was able to isolate what causes the item duplication problem, complete with demonstration.

1 - Inflict Poison or Blind on a party member
2 - Exit battle, use last healing item to heal status.
3 - Rearrange items and one of them will duplicate.

So, what the heck could cause this?

As for my enemy items not working, I have an encounter with an enemy that uses items on itself. How do I debug from there?

Find