Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A new year, An improved new-old layout!

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
@Madsiur I'm trying to change my profile info. Do edits just take a while to show up, or could something be wrong with it?

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-01-2016, 12:18 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: @Madsiur I'm trying to change my profile info.  Do edits just take a while to show up, or could something be wrong with it?

I had problem with like the Bio regular expression (because certain characters are not allowed), other custom profile fields only allow letter, numbers and chars like , . ? !

The regex needs tweaking overall but custom profile fields are not URLs, only usernames or accounts names. the link is created automatically.

If the page don't redirect you with a confirm message, there is a problem. Try maybe one field at a time to check which one cause problem. Worst case I'll revert them to allow any chars later after my new year family dinner.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
The "new post" & "new thread" part isn't bad, if limiting to show last post only, per thread would keep it down to one entry on the list per thread, that would be great. Hell, even if it does a sepperate entry for new thread and another for new post, still better than a full list of activity that all points to one thread.

As for the shout box, its just the part about nothing happening at all. I didn't do a character count but I couldn't have been over 100 characters by many(aprox 75-125). Took me a few attemps to figure out it wasn't just my internet failing to send it. That's where the issue comes up without having some sort of notification. A new member says a short greating and types out one short question, then thinks everything is broke or thinks only the "special" kids get to play there because it won't post. Also confuses people like me into cussing my browser more often than it deserves.

Guess I didn't dig through that old database hard enough, still think it'd be badass if those random sprites were clickable links to their sheet. (That's not really a request, more of a wish list item a year or two later when there's nothing better to play with). Still think it'd be cool.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
We are definitely aware of the shout box character limit, I'm sure that could be changed back to more characters. It was the first thing I noticed upon the update.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Double
The Bio was the issue here, and I managed to change it. The newlines were the issue here. Now it looks less well formatted, but it worked.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I'll second all the ones who talked about shoutbox and the activity box problems.

Aside that, nice work with the new site!   Wink

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-01-2016, 12:51 PM)catone Wrote: As for the shout box, its just the part about nothing happening at all. I didn't do a character count but I couldn't have been over 100 characters by many(aprox 75-125). Took me a few attemps to figure out it wasn't just my internet failing to send it. That's where the issue comes up without having some sort of notification. A new member says a short greating and types out one short question, then thinks everything is broke or thinks only the "special" kids get to play there because it won't post.

I agree but I can't set a warning for something I was not aware until yesterday at midnight. Should have tested more I presume. I'll fix this today.

(01-01-2016, 01:47 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: The Bio was the issue here, and I managed to change it.  The newlines were the issue here.  Now it looks less well formatted, but it worked.

I totally forgot about allowing the newline char. Will fix later this afternoon. The whole purpose of restricting chars is to disallow injection/HTML.
  Find

Status
Double
(01-01-2016, 02:44 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I totally forgot about allowing the newline char. Will fix later this afternoon. The whole purpose of restricting chars is to disallow injection/HTML.

Fair enough, I've seen what that crud can do. Laugh

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Oh, I'm sure you posted/PM'd/Shouted and chatted with yourself, during testing, as much as any reletivly sane person could stand. I was just trying to make sure I was clear on why I was suggesting and what I was suggesting.

I'm also sure I'm not the only one that expects to find a few undesired "bugs". Can't complain to much though, most stuff like this I've been through usually results in a few couple hour long shutdowns after rollout to fix major show stopping screwups. Could be alot worse, could have been so many bugs it would have required an Easter update for the "egg hunt" afterwards.

So yeah, its all good.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Libra
superb work good sir! Really glad to see the guys in charge still careing about this ohso small community! keep it up.

FF6 fans (and then on top of it ones that are interested in specific stuff as gamehacks for it) are likely a dieing breed since steam or ios releases wont spark the nostalgy and memories we have for this game, which means the room for growth is limited, so any effort put into it knowing the relatively small benefit is greatly apreciated by the few who care!
  Find