Poll: Which FF death were you the most affected by or care the most about?
This poll is closed.
Josef (FFII) 1.92% 2 1.92%
Minwu (FFII) 0% 0 0%
Ricard (FFIII) 0% 0 0%
Tellah (FFIV) 1.92% 2 1.92%
Galuf (FFV) 13.46% 14 13.46%
Leo (FFVI) 25.00% 26 25.00%
Shadow (FFVI) 5.77% 6 5.77%
Biggs & Wedge (FFVI) 0% 0 0%
Rachel (FFVI) 3.85% 4 3.85%
Zack (FFVII) 11.54% 12 11.54%
Aerith (FFVII) 21.15% 22 21.15%
Vivi (FFIX) 7.69% 8 7.69%
Tidus (FFX) 2.88% 3 2.88%
Tietra (FFT) 0.96% 1 0.96%
Other 3.85% 4 3.85%
Total 104 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about?

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
I voted for Aerith's, but thinking about it now I could have gone with Shadow. He essentially committed suicide, and that was pretty shitty as a kid watching him do that since he was/is my favorite character, even though it doesn't exactly show it of course. But it was so shitty I tried many hours to see his 7th dream which was a rumor in order to save him.

But yeah Aerith's was rough because of the sad music, and how she was so innocent. Her life was a sad story, always being chased around by Shinra. So it was just extra sad for her to die after joining the team, and becoming a bit more than friends with Cloud, especially if she was the date at the Gold Saucer. Of course the ending helped to make up for the sadness.

I remember when I first saw it though, I was watching my buddy play it actually cause he got the game before I did by a week or so, and afterwords, while we were way too manly to cry in front of each other lol, we were like daaamn... that really sucked... Afterwords, going through the snow place it left a lasting impact on us, as we continued on without her. =(

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I was more hit by a number of the fake deaths in FF4 than the real ones in the later games in the series, though it's been so long since I first played most of the games that I don't remember my exact reactions to some of them. I do remember my reaction to Aeris getting it was, "Well, guess I have to use Tifa again."
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Vampire
Honestly, after just replaying FFV I my vote went to Galuf as who I felt like the biggest loss.
You spend 2/3rds of the game with these 4 characters who grow close to eachother and then suddenly he gets replaced with someone that your party has spent no time traveling with. Yes you get to see how close she was to Galuf but guess what? shes mostly a stranger to the party she joins with him missing. plus she has a more serious side than Galuf had which left something missing. I don't think this replacement would have bothered me as much if Krile were a little older, but something about the tiny little girl sprite with 3 adult ones just didn't match to me.

Leo was a sad moment too, I really wanted to recruit him but I knew the first time you see him that it wouldn't happen since the game always names the mains in this one. and on this same game Rachel? well you don't really have any opportunity to know her so the only person you can really feel sad for there is Locke.

Tietra was a sad moment too. Talk about her having the short end of the stick, being picked on all her life by the nobles. then getting mistaken for one and being kidnapped for a hostage. you make all the effort to rescue her only to see her die moments before the battle starts (at the main character's own brothers orders. (again though, its more about Delita here than her since you dont get much chance to know her in the story. Still when I first played this game I imagined at some point that you would get these 2 cute girls Alma and Tietra in your party and they would make some badass mages. nope not at all. I was bummed about that. (Even more bummed to find that gamesharking her in she had an incomplete sprite which i took care of later hehe)

I don't count Zack because originally in the game he was barely known and a persona that messed up Cloud assumed for a while. Of course how things ended in this remade stuff makes it really sad but I assume that whole story was created years later due to 7 having such a large fanbase and them wanting more.

I'm surprised Tellah didn't get any votes, you spend a decent amount of time with him. And when he rejoins your party its like seeing an old close friend (though It was probably getting pretty obvious by the tower of Zot that he wouldn't be able to keep up much further past that.) The real downfall with him was the lack of mp growth. They could have easily just made it so he "knew" Meteo, but didn't have it in his spell list to cast. (I had a really cool hack of this game that did just that. But I made his daughter Anna recruitable
as a prodigy Sage. lol I miss that hack.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
I'll go with Aerith because at the time the cutscene and song made it very climactic.

I know the poll covers only the main entry games but (incoming TAY spoiler):

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Shit I hope not. My hack would make less since that it already does if this is the case lol.

Status
Tissue-aware
(12-26-2015, 01:25 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: My hack would make less since that it already does if this is the case lol.

I though ROTDS was a spoof hack, in the same category as FFIII Donut? Tongue

Nothing canon required in this case.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
lol, it does have it's moments, it was really hard to not go full parody/spoof mode at times. FF3 Donut, sounds...tasty!

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Eh, the motives of the "bad guys" in TAY leaves that peticular character with an unknown fate.

Bahamut has Cecil as a chewtoy in they very start of the game, yet he lives. Same concept.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
unknown fate = door open for a sequel of the sequel.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Yeah, I'd go with "ambiguous" here.

That said, it's less about the motives of the Mysterious Girl, and more about the motives of Zeromus since he was the only one involved with that. And I'd imagine that Zeromus wouldn't think twice about killing FuSoYa.

Confused Moogles FTW