Poll: Which Final Fantasy had the best ending?
This poll is closed.
I 6.67% 1 6.67%
II 6.67% 1 6.67%
III 0% 0 0%
IV 6.67% 1 6.67%
V 0% 0 0%
VI 20.00% 3 20.00%
VII 26.67% 4 26.67%
VIII 0% 0 0%
IX 13.33% 2 13.33%
X 13.33% 2 13.33%
XI 6.67% 1 6.67%
XII 0% 0 0%
XIII 0% 0 0%
XIV 0% 0 0%
Tactics 0% 0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Which Final Fantasy has the best ending?

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Which Final Fantasy has the best ending? Which was the most memorable for you? Which one did the game the most justice in terms of beating an epic final boss and giving you that sense of completion, leaving you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside?

Here they all are in massive spoiler-form if anyone would like to refresh their memory:

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
considering i never finished FF II, III, IV, V...

My normal answer is FFIX.

My weird answer is...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
I liked the ending of the first game a lot. It was the first Final Fantasy game for me that I had no knowledge of it before I started. In addition, it's one of the harder ones, and coupled with the fact that I barely got out of the final battle alive, I really felt like I deserved the victory and the subsequent ending.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
FF7, for two reasons: You are sure the world will end (in-game) the first time you watch it and second, this song, one of the most underrated but short musical piece of the game.

Also, a spoiler tag for game number named hyperlinks? "You ruined my day, I didn't wanted to know there is 14 games". Unless it was some form of joke that I don't get...
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(12-08-2015, 07:06 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Also, a spoiler tag for game number named hyperlinks? "You ruined my day, I didn't wanted to know there is 14 games". Unless it was some form of joke that I don't get...

It was really just to keep the post nice and compact, mainly for the main page. Or an accidental clicking on I guess... But really, who doesn't like pressing something to have something else pop up lol.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Kinda boring answer, but I really do like VI's ending the best. It just has an amazing sense of finality and does a great job of wrapping up the game as a whole. But VII was up there as well.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
FF1, was the first rpg I ever beat, and the whole time loop thing was so poorly explained it made it even more complex than it was but thats about the only thing that strikes a memory for me their.

FF7 had that whole "we survived the fight, but we're still gonna die a horrible death, oh wait!" Thing going for it.

FF8, only because Rinoa is still my favorite FF chick. Pretty much the only reason I remember anything about that ending.

Tactics strikes a memory because I only ever beat it once, despite playing every part of it so many times. That ending seriously hurt the most to watch. Every time I've ever played it since the first, I beat the final boss and hit the power button. No exceptions.

FF4, I have to say still had the best ending though IMO. For the sole reason everything is wrapped up, sure you had to wonder how things worked out for Golbez to a degree, but everything else was explained and finalized.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I thought IV's was nice and all the loose ends were tied up. I liked VI's ending because of the graphics and character roll call at the end. There was an uncertainty about whether Wendy(Terra) was gonna live or not. But I was never partial to Terra, I didn't like some of the things they did with her story or her character, but the meeting with her father's Magicite and her death being prevented because she cares for Katarin and the kids Mobliz was a nice send-off. Everything just worked.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Libra
First poll I didnt vote in. I honestly cant decide atm. I might come back in the future. (VI had me the most emotionally involved due to my age and relation to the game but VII has imo probably the narratively speaking best ending (even though im not the biggest fan of the game as opposed to most peoples opinions); and VIII was also pretty big for me even though it would probably be between VI and VII for me)
  Find