Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Forum update and submissions

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Working on the music player! https://www.ff6hacking.com/mp2.mp4

I did not do much except adding multiple playlists support and styling the thing, which is restricted and a nightmare since all the UI component are on one big image (hello Gimp!) which is cropped for all controls. There's a shuffle and repeat function and you can download the music (*probably just the custom songs). Gi Nattak should be preparing new songs for the music players, from ROTDS and probably leftovers that were never used.

I'm also going to add more playlist like chiptunes, piano, symphonic or series based.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I started working on a sprite submission page, since it's the most thing produced here. Later will come patches and docs.

Before any further explanations: https://www.ff6hacking.com/sub.mp4

This page will only be accessible (viewable) to members. User can submit his work or the work of a non member. Submission type is either a new submission or an update of an existing one. spritesheet type is what kind of sprite it is (fullsheet, NPC sheet, static pose or custom GFX like 32x32 or 4 poses). Palette used and number of colors are pretty obvious. The user will have to upload his stuff somewhere before submitting, the admin will receive a email and will grab the sheet/screenshots online. Since it's a small forum, it's a system that will work.

I just wanted to ask the fellow spriters if I've not missed any detail regarding the infos or choices in the form.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
only thing i would add is a monster option and that to have sprite size like 3x32, or 64x64 and maybe muld used? or somethin like that, nice tho will save me asking questions such as pallet used number of colors ect

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-29-2015, 10:36 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: only thing i would add is a monster option and that to have sprite size like 3x32, or 64x64 and maybe muld used?

Yeah good thinking. I think I'll just add a "Monster" option with a size textbox otherwise the list of option would be very long. It will also be more specific.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
yeah good idea man

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Tissue-aware
Not sure if I'll do the update next weekend, I'm working on the submission page/database and progress is slow.

However, I made a video that summarize well the update: https://www.ff6hacking.com/preview21.mp4

Edit: Those who don't get the reference are either too young or have no culture. In either way you should be ashamed (ageism much lol).
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
AaaaaaaaTREYUUUUUUU!!!!!

Dangit, Madsiur! Sad Why you gotta go making me feel things!?

...poor poor Atrex.

....anyway, Some suggestions, if I may?

1. Any portrait love? or is that considered under custom gfx?

2. I know Graphics Gale lets you save palettes. Any chance we can get a palette upload portion? or do you think this is redundant because FF3usMe has a "import sprite with overworld palette" function already?

3. Is there any way that the display page for the sprites can have a different color, other than the blue that's in game? It's the same (well, VERY similar) shade that is used in the base!game palettes, and tends to blend in. ....<- this is just me being picky though. lol

4. aaaaaand on that note, is there an option to change the Forum colors around? like maybe have a preset number of forum 'themes' that members could choose from their user cp? Like a "view style" type of thing that changes the backgounds and maybe fonts. (would be neat to have the option of the different window skins from base!game. Just a thought, don't know how practical that is. Smile

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Weirdly enough, I didn't watch The Neverending Story as a kid, only when I was 15+ years old. Tongue

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Tissue-aware
(12-02-2015, 08:22 PM)Rjenyawd Wrote: 1. Any portrait love? or is that considered under custom gfx?

I'll add the portrait option. I had forgot about them

(12-02-2015, 08:22 PM)Rjenyawd Wrote: 2. I know Graphics Gale lets you save palettes. Any chance we can get a palette upload portion?

No direct upload on our server. However, FF3se (characters sprite editor) let you export/import palettes in binary format. The sprite sheet URL could be a link to a zip file containing the sheet, portrait, .bin palette file and a .txt readme, not only an image link. That could be an option. I'll try to find a way to be more clear on that.

Palettes files in other format are a bit unnecessary as FF3usME import directly the palette from the image [assuming you respect the palette color order, I think... :~/]

(12-02-2015, 08:22 PM)Rjenyawd Wrote: 3. Is there any way that the display page for the sprites can have a different color, other than the blue that's in game?

The default them blue is #284078 while the (dark) blue Locke wears is #213963. That IS close, good point. I could put the sprite sheet in a white filled frame, though a lot of sprites uses white but all of them have a black outline... One thing is sure I'm not going for something like a flashy pink frame like you see as the bg color of some ripped sprites.

(12-02-2015, 08:22 PM)Rjenyawd Wrote: on that note, is there an option to change the Forum colors around? like maybe have a preset number of forum 'themes' that members could choose from their user cp?

Until the update, there's a grey and FFIV DS theme (look in UserCP -> Edit Options). After the update, I'll bring back the grey theme and could easily add other colors combinations. The changes needed to do so are relatively minimal for each new theme, assuming I keep the same layout. The FFIV DS them is dying with the update, as it is not really good looking.

(12-02-2015, 08:22 PM)Rjenyawd Wrote: Like a "view style" type of thing that changes the backgounds and maybe fonts. (would be neat to have the option of the different window skins from base!game. Just a thought, don't know how practical that is.)

Changes of Fonts that have same size letters (on same font-size) could work, but otherwise some component (like an image next of a link) are sometimes set to the pixel. I guess I could experiment with some other font maybe a font changing option for the whole forum (excluding header/titles in specific fonts) would be possible.

Right now the whole forum is in Verdana (except code block and a few minor exceptions). I tried Open-Sans and Roboto, and opted for the first once. There's also some headers and text in ChronoType and (modern) Chicago.

Different windows skins could work, though I'm not font of all vanilla FF6 windows skins. I would probably rather add a few nice RPG themes, like one from CT. But this means having image borders for all skins that have not straight (or rounded corners) outline because it can't really be mimicked in CSS. I was able to remove the image borders in the update because the default theme consist of rounded corner grey-shaded lines. Image borders suck.

(12-02-2015, 08:52 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Weirdly enough, I didn't watch The Neverending Story as a kid, only when I was 15+ years old. Tongue

That does count, Gi Nattak watched it for the first time a few months ago and had no idea the movie existed prior to that.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Finally I got a sprite submission system that works: https://www.ff6hacking.com/subs2.mp4

The activation via pm and the automatic thread creation are only temporary solution until I develop more flexible entry display and submission activation pages. New thread won't be allowed in the submission subforum but replies to the entries yes. I'm also missing a submission title field, something I forgot until 1 hour ago.

I finish work December 24th and I got two weeks off so the 26th I will start the update that I keep pushing back (like a newer FF game in development)... The new site will be ready for the new years!
  Find