Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Forum update and submissions

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Hrm, a timestamp would be useful for several reasons.

Question, would a time stamp, or would a time since last post be better?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-21-2015, 07:05 PM)catone Wrote: Could cut it out of that full sheet easy enough, the real question still is, would it match and would it be worth it?

That one could probably work better. I think it would be a good addition.

(10-21-2015, 07:05 PM)catone Wrote: Another possibility, a sprite wearing the "blind" status glasses. For that matter, the one on the bottom left might make a base for a guitar sprite, despite not being FF6.

That could work too. Record Keeper sprites are pretty cool, I'lll look at the sheet to find potential smilie candidates.

(10-21-2015, 11:13 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Pretty cool that we have a buddy system now.

You can add buddies in the actual version of the forum but I don't think anyone can see your buddies. It's available via the user CP.

(10-21-2015, 11:13 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Interesting to see that we're going a more ID route with our reputation system.

I think removing negative reputation is a good idea. My fear was that some users that are not liked by others ends up with negative post reputation just because of that. Now, worst case scenario you rep just won't increase.

(10-22-2015, 10:16 AM)Cecil188 Wrote: I think we should have at least a time for the shout box. implement.

I set the shoutbox datetime as "MMM, dd hh:mm" (3 letter month, date and time (00:00 to 23:59)). That been said the month might be useless since I never saw a month go by without a shout. The shoutbox datetime uses the same functions as the post time (top left corner of post) so timezones are supported (every time will consider your timezone).
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
I saw in the preview that there's going to be an angel smiley. May I suggest one of the little angels from Life/Life 2/Life 3?

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Playing with fonts! (Small details count).

https://www.ff6hacking.com/kupo/kupo.mp4

Technical update:

Basically I'm removing all the custom image buttons (hyperlink) for a 100% CSS replacement. Expect more custom button because they will be lot easier to create. Also, I'm replacing the hard to maintain table layout of the theme for a more flexible layout (made with divs) with relative margins, padding, container size and font-size. This will be done on most frequented pages (threads, post, reply, new thread, portal, index and a few others) and should really help viewing the forum on mobile devices.

Also, that little BB code at the end is just a test. I'll try to add VG font selection directly in the reply/new thread menu.

(10-22-2015, 10:29 PM)Fire Storm Wrote: I saw in the preview that there's going to be an angel smiley. May I suggest one of the little angels from Life/Life 2/Life 3?

That would fit perfectly.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I was thinking... (probably it's too late) what if instead of mood we had status? i mean... right FF status effects! both positive and negative ones, if that would affect the sprite as well(maybe just placing status's icon near to it) it would be great

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
ooo good idea

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Tissue-aware
(10-23-2015, 12:33 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: I was thinking... (probably it's too late) what if instead of mood we had status? i mean... right FF status effects! both positive and negative ones, if that would affect the sprite as well(maybe just placing status's icon near to it) it would be great

It's not too late. I rather have status than moods. That been said, I would need a complete set of graphics to make it happen. It would be nice if we had a small graphic for the status and next to it the name of the status in a FF font and a background color specicific for each status, a bit like moods are:

[Image: XMN13F0.gif]

That been said, your second proposition will not happen, there's too many sprite/status possibilities to have this work in a proper way. The icon next to the user name will remain for online/offline/away and we have something in mind for that.

If someone wants to do the status graphics, I'd be happy to remove the moods. We can use the mood system and use it for status, it's just a matter or renaming them and changing the graphics.

Edit: Even if time might miss time for the graphics, we can change the mood system anytime after the update.
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
How many moods are there exactly? and what are they so i can find a suitable status replacement for each

Status
Tissue-aware
(10-23-2015, 09:37 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: How many moods are there exactly? and what are they so i can find a suitable status replacement for each

They are all removeable/editable in admin CP (in the upgraded version). So we can have 10, 20 or 50. It's just an image with a name. We could include more status than in FF6, like including some from other FF titles. That been said, I think 7-10 different ones would be a good start. We can always add more later. If you plan on doing them I'd like to see the first one you do. Keep in mind the height should be around 20-30 pixels but I don't have any specific width. If you want I got all FF6 GFX, including status, I could send that to you. We can talk about this on skype this weekend.
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
sounds cool bro we'l get on this shit this weekend

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to JWhiteLXXXIX for this post:
  • madsiur (10-23-2015), Tenkarider (10-24-2015)