Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFIV: Unprecedented Crisis

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
A complete FF4 hack made by PinkPuff, also the creator of the hacking tool FF4kster. I'll surely give this hack a shot in the next few weeks as the changes made to the game seems interesting.

You can download it here: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2461/

From the readme:

This is a complete hack of Final Fantasy 4 (2 US) for SNES which shows off many of the features of the hacking utility, FF4kster. There are a few assembly hacks which cannot be achieved within the editor alone, but they are few in number and mostly for cosmetic purposes.

It may seem at first that the changes are limited to gameplay and the plot is unchanged, but don't worry, there is a point in the plot after which it branches from the original and begins an entirely new chain of events. There are many interesting choices you can make which will impact certain details of the game. Some of these involve the configuration of your party.

Currently, it is possible to attempt to add a character to an already full party. Doing this is bad (don't worry, the game will warn you when you are about to add a character). It not only will cause that character to be permanently lost into oblivion, but it will still set the relevant plot flags (incorrectly), and I've even seen it even cause other strange glitches. In a later release I will most likely have a way to detect your current party size and have it so the game will not even allow you to do such a thing, but for now, I'm working with what I have.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Oh, looks worth trying for sure.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Sounds interesting, but I'm not really sure whats different. xD

Does it say what kind of changes have been made, such as new skills, harder enemies, new party members, etc?

┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ) I return thee table to thy intended position, mankind does not mean to flip you so often.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-22-2015, 05:40 PM)Smilin Joe Wrote: Does it say what kind of changes have been made, such as new skills, harder enemies, new party members, etc?

The readme is quite short, but given FF4kser covers most of the data modifiable in the game, you can expect more than a few changes. I guess you'll have to try it to know.

If you feel like reading, Grimore LD comments his playthrough (and changes) in this thread: http://slickproductions.org/forum/index....pic=2041.0
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
That's cool, always wanted to add or keep certain characters and even possibly make Edward better than the wuss he is in the early game and keep Rydia a kid since I like that side to her character. So hopefully this hack can show that character switching and adding is possible. That was the biggest issue I had was that you were locked into your party selection, you couldn't get Cid or Yang back after you woke them up and they were healed from their injuries.
  Find