Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Battle Event: Locke and the Merchant/Officer

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
Of all things to come back to. Okay, Biggs and Wedge are now on Palette 1 as in vanilla, they're working fine. But I'm back to Locke using a mismatch of wrong colors in battle. He steals the uniform, it's palette 6. He's in the field, palette 6. Battle, nope. I undid my change to C1/3E0B as described above, made sure the old man at Sprite 23 is on the right palette, checked the hex values for Locke's sprite when he steals the clothes. All good. Compared my hex and palette set-ups to vanilla, they're fine there.

I found a workaround for it, but yeah, still problems.
  Find

Status
None
Another problem with this. Locke steals the soldier uniform, he's on Palette 6. He's in the field, he's on Palette 6. He gets into a fight, is on Palette 0.

I've double checked the battle palette for the soldier sprite as a whole, the old man's palette, and the CA/7E6# values. All are set for Palette 6. So I have no clue and no patience.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
You may have already done this, but keep in mind Overworld palette 6 is something totally different from battle palette 6, which is Esper Terra's palette. If you are running with a debugger, do a breakpoint here:

Code:
C1/3E20:    BF2BCEC2    LDA $C2CE2B,X    (Pull palette ID from table in C2 for sprite X)

then step once to see if its actually pulling the right palette ID.

Let me know what you get... we'll figure this out.
  Find

Status
None
Not sure what your first comment has to do with anything, tbh?

Well, it didn't hit the breakpoint, but I'd more guess I didn't do it right, haven't used BSNES before. I set the breakpoint range to be C1/3E1F through C1/3E2F, to make sure the bits you indicated were encompassed. Never broke.
  Find

Status
None
Anyone else? Sad
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Ok, lets try this again. Did you set up overworld palette 6 to match battle palette 6?

Also, was this a recent change? the copy of the ROM i have (from when i did the magic fix for you), has palette 01 set for the old merchant slot at C2/CE3E. Or did you move the merchant?
  Find

Status
None
In hindsight, the solution should have been obvious.

Rydel's patches to change how sprites and palettes work included moving this data. That's why this already fixed bug broke again and none of my attempts to fix it were doing anything - I'm changing the wrong data, it's been duplicated and moved somewhere else.

Putting this here as much for my own reminder as anything - the coding Everything listed starting at C1/3E06 is now at FE/FFA1. The D0 12 at C1/3E0B I had to blank is at FE/FFA6. Changed the D0 to 80, Locke is using the default soldier battle palette (read: the proper one).

Thank you to B-Run and Gi for their help in figuring this out.
  Find